ADVERTISEMENT

Ho hum, just another lunatic MAGAt violently turning on his family . . .

Whatever it's called where you get your ass handed to you - like Kakert did with her about my job - but you continue to take pot shots at it starting a year later, combined with a total lack of self awareness...whatever that is, she has it. So for whatever reason, she says a lot of idiotic things. The denialism probably ties into the no self awareness.
Wasn't being a teacher one of her many jobs? I mean she ridicules NY transplants to FL despite her dad being one and belittles Georgia even though she's not far from the border so BAU I guess

Wasn't being a teacher one of her many jobs? I mean she ridicules NY transplants to FL despite her dad being one and belittles Georgia even though she's not far from the border so BAU I guess
That's why I don't for a second believe her claims that she "doesn't watch" Fox news.

She exhibits all the textbook symptoms of someone whose brain has been derailed by repeated right wing disinformation.

Gonna be quite a few of these stories over the next few years as the dead-enders realize they've hit the dead end.

Father shoots family, killing wife; daughter blames QAnon​

WALLED LAKE, Mich. (WXYZ) - Police in Michigan say a man opened fire on his family, killing his wife and injuring one of his daughters. His other daughter says he was spiraling out of control before the shootings, blaming it on QAnon.

Rebecca Lanis, 21, says her grandmother called her Sunday morning, asking if she was at the hospital. At a friend’s sleepover and unaware of the tragedy that had just unfolded at her home, she found that a strange question.

But she soon learned that early that morning, her father, 52-year-old Igor Lanis, had shot and killed her 56-year-old mother and critically injured her 25-year-old sister, Rachel Lanis.

The sheriff’s department says Igor Lanis also killed the family dog.

“It was like I was in a movie or nightmare or something. How could this happen to me?” Rebecca Lanis said. “I had a really close bond with my mom, and I just can’t believe that she’s not here.”

The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office says when officers responded to the family’s home in Walled Lake, Igor Lanis opened fire on them. A Walled Lake police officer and an Oakland County deputy returned fire, killing the man.

Rebecca Lanis says her father had never been physically violent, but his behavior started spiraling about two years ago after former President Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election.

“He became a different person after 2020 when Trump lost,” she said.

She says her father started getting more agitated at normal things and often found a way to bring up conspiracy theories about vaccines, 5G and electromagnetic fields. He turned to extremism – like QAnon, a political conspiracy theory centered around baseless claims that Trump was fighting enemies within a so-called “deep state” and a sex-trafficking ring run by Satanic cannibals.

Rebecca Lanis says her family’s tragedy is a warning for people to pay attention to their loved ones who may need help.

“I think that people need to focus more on radicalization, QAnon. If they have relatives with guns who are like this, you need to get them help, and they need to get checked into a mental institution, even if you think they’re not dangerous,” she said.

The sheriff’s office says Rachel Lanis is now in stable condition following surgery.

Writer celebrates tragedy to push political agenda. You seem overjoyed with this tragedy.

Does he own guns? Trump is going full Q-anon. endorsing this image on social media...

FcigOFuWAAEiC7L

"The storm" supposedly refers to Trump's ceremonious return to power wherein he will purge the deep state and to reveal a Dem cntrolled child trafficking ring.

..... and goldmom will vote for him a third time!!

Reactions: artradley
I agree with your last statement and in fact I’m agreeing with a good bit of your opinion in this instance.
I realize you have an IowaNoPoints affliction but it’s manifesting itself in too many spillover areas.
Play some old Hayden Fry videos and reset your brain.

I wasn't going to 'like' the post calling this person an idiot but after reading this I changed my mind.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
Gee, if only there was some common through line in these alleged "random" acts.

Golly george, what could it possibly be?!

😂 😂 😂

Never change, multi-handle loser tool.
Yep bc a few dozen idiots in a country of 300 million is enough to openly condemn 70-80 million fellow Americans. What's sad is you don't even realize you're being manipulated just like the subject of your post was. Wake tf up man.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
Yep bc a few dozen idiots in a country of 300 million is enough to openly condemn 70-80 million fellow Americans. What's sad is you don't even realize you're being manipulated just like the subject of your post was. Wake tf up man.
An astute observation newbie poster who didn't sign up for Hawkeye Report until this past April.

Say, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself and how you discovered our friendly community?

Using tragedies such as this for message board fodder is very sad indeed.
Honestly, I’m with you, goldie. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. No matter what side of the political aisle you’re on, tragedies should not be exploited to further the political divide.

@ihhawk, this is why I have visceral reactions to people politicizing tragedies or societal problems like bullying.

Reactions: ihhawk
Honestly, I’m with you, goldie. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. No matter what side of the political aisle you’re on, tragedies should not be exploited to further the political divide.

@ihhawk, this is why I have visceral reactions to people politicizing tragedies or societal problems like bullying.
I understand. This thread is highly political

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I agree with your last statement and in fact I’m agreeing with a good bit of your opinion in this instance.
I realize you have an IowaNoPoints affliction but it’s manifesting itself in too many spillover areas.
Play some old Hayden Fry videos and reset your brain.
Oh, now you’re just being cruel.

Reactions: goldmom
An astute observation newbie poster who didn't sign up for Hawkeye Report until this past April.

Say, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself and how you discovered our friendly community?
Sure. I've posted on HR for 20+ years under a single handle. Still do on the paid board from time to time, but don't use that handle here bc a few posters like the OP decided to carry their petulant partisan bullshit into discussions in those places.
But apparently since everyone is obsessed with post count and time on HR... this will be a thing. Whatever.

Sorry about the confusion, I actually thought it was blackngold who asked the question. I probably wouldn't have bothered answering otherwise. Carry-on.

These aren’t tragedies. These are crimes committed BECAUSE OF politics.

Cmon man.

These aren’t tragedies. These are crimes committed BECAUSE OF politics.

Cmon man.
Look, I know I usually make light of shit and like to banter for fun, but how is a mentally ill man shooting his family anything but a tragedy?

There’s a reason people become so demented and out of touch with reality. Whether it’s due to religious extremism or political radicalization, many are looking for a greater purpose or cause to be a part of. It’s sad, but romanticizing stuff like this as being part of some larger political statement underscores the importance of mental health (and teaching grown men to accept living lives of quiet desperation).

Reactions: goldmom
Look, I know I usually make light of shit and like to banter for fun, but how is a mentally ill man shooting his family anything but a tragedy?

There’s a reason people become so demented and out of touch with reality. Whether it’s due to religious extremism or political radicalization, many are looking for a greater purpose or cause to be a part of. It’s sad, but romanticizing stuff like this as being part of some larger political statement underscores the importance of mental health (and teaching grown men to accept living lives of quiet desperation).
I think you’re looking at it wrong.

The problem is you have a political ideology rampant in this country that derives its strength from anger and paranoia. It has created an entire media ecosystem to continually feed that paranoia and terror and that has a direct causation to these types of incidents.

Right wing outrage purposefully agitates and sparks violent behavior. And this isn’t a new, only American phenomenon. It has a long and tragic history.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
ADVERTISEMENT