ADVERTISEMENT

Hogan Unraveled

I didn't read more than the first half of the first sentence. Your fake confidence tells me there's nothing but drivel to follow. Bye
I call bullshit. I think you read that entire post at least twice.
And you still don't realize your foolishness.
Good luck in real life boy. Or should I say he/him...
..does that make you feel better?

I call bullshit. I think you read that entire post at least twice.
And you still don't realize your foolishness.
Good luck in real life boy. Or should I say he/him...
..does that make you feel better?
Really asshat?

I think Stallman has been sufficiently bloodied, although there's a little more pain to administer before he realizes I won't give bullies the last word-it's the oxygen that fuels their sense of absolute moral authority.

You just know the pussy ran to the police after his old school educational experience.
LOL! I had my intended effect on you with four words. You've yet to goad me into fully engaging you. Feel free to pound out another novella I won't read. I'll continue to throw succinct barbs when and where I see fit.

Reactions: littlez
Hogan was transferring before Kirk’s comments. Maybe he used the comments to speed up the transfer by a game. Either way, he wasn’t going to be here next season. With regard to the comments, while probably not appropriate, my junior high football coach said and did much worse things that didn’t faze any of my teammates.

Hogan was transferring before Kirk’s comments. Maybe he used the comments to speed up the transfer by a game. Either way, he wasn’t going to be here next season. With regard to the comments, while probably not appropriate, my junior high football coach said and did much worse things that didn’t faze any of my teammates.
Kirk made an ass of himself. There is no way to sugar coat it. No way to rationalize what he did, it was not in a closed locker room. Was for everyone's ears and phones. But I agree that Hogan was gone before that happened.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
Kirk made an ass of himself. There is no way to sugar coat it. But I agree that Hogan was gone before that happened.
But don’t you know some Jr high coach yelled at someone on here 35 years ago and they didn’t cry about it?

LOL! I had my intended effect on you with four words. You've yet to goad me into fully engaging you. Feel free to pound out another novella I won't read. I'll continue to throw succinct barbs when and where I see fit.
If you're that willing to look not just dumb, but petty and uncivil I'm willing to provide the opportunity.

You don't "engage me" because you cannot as you continue to just call names and hurtle insults.

Thirty-seven words.

You do realize that KF himself said he shouldn't have said that and apologized, right? It seems YOU don't know KF or Iowa Football.

But thanks for calling me a softy, dumbass.

Of course he apologized, because wuss bags like u complained...softy butthurt mama's boy.

Of course he apologized, because wuss bags like u complained...softy butthurt mama's boy.
When you have to call someone a "softy butthurt mama's boy" to try to solidify your stance, you have none.

You don't disparage players in the media like that. Kirk knows that and it is why he apologized.

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk
since when do all the QB's go crying to mommy all the time? petras and this guy?
By the early 90s. My neighbors had a little Teddy when I moved in here. Same age as my perfect child, the Mer Dawg. Six years old, she's flying up and down the sidewalk on her little Pixie bike. Little Teddy comes out and he's padded up like he's going baby bull riding. Helmet, elbows, gloves knee pads and ... training wheels. He could ride between the driveways.

She grew up to be an emergency surgical nurse. I wondered what happened to little Teddy.

By the early 90s. My neighbors had a little Teddy when I moved in here. Same age as my perfect child, the Mer Dawg. Six years old, she's flying up and down the sidewalk on her little Pixie bike. Little Teddy comes out and he's padded up like he's going baby bull riding. Helmet, elbows, gloves knee pads and ... training wheels. He could ride between the driveways.

She grew up to be an emergency surgical nurse. I wondered what happened to little Teddy.
enter soccer moms or helicopter moms?

enter soccer moms or helicopter moms?

Yep. A generation of pussy whipped men raising a generation of morally weak feminized men. What would happen if these delicate little flowers found themselves in a world of shit, like governments fail, as they eventually will. I'm thinking pajama boy starves in that scenario.

Reactions: NorHawk16
Players want to play and I don't fault Hogan for wanting to leave. Whatever drama ensues after the fact is the norm in today's society with social media being a stage for any grievance (real or perceived). There were not any off the field issues with Hogan and he didn't quit mid-season, so I don't think coaches are going to be apprehensive.

One would think KF would be smarter about his comments after all that has transpired in the program the past few years. KF could benefit from some public relations training. His joke about Hogan was not representative of how a coach should talk about a player he recruited. The comments he made about Labas were also cringe-worthy. Talking about how "complex" the offense is and the necessity to tamp down a QB's ability to go off script when you are 135th or whatever they are offensively doesn't exactly resonate with the fans.
I'm sure at his age and the jobs he's had, he's got plenty of PR training and experience. You want to knock him one time in 22 years at this job, shows a lack of perspective. His joke was not "about" Hogan, it was "about" using a 3rd string QB. Most people should understand that without being told.

Kirk needs some psychology classes. Looking at the basketball team, Fran never talks bad about a player publicly and basically defends them to a fault. Being made fun of publicly can do some major harm to a young adult’s confidence. The one problem with Fran in that realm is that it seems that he also believes the hype he creates over his players and forgets to work towards addressing deficiencies.

Rather than tearing him down publicly, maybe Kirk or one of his staff members can spend some time coaching the kid up to fix deficiencies. You should be defending and building them up publicly while privately working to improve them. Praise in public, “scorn” in private.

And I know Kirk sees these comments as jokes, but he’s not a very good comedian.
He didn't tear him down publicly, he said he didn't want to go to Nebraska knowing he was going to start his 3rd string QB. The only mistake was using Hogan's name instead of generically saying 3rd string QB.

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
He didn't tear him down publicly, he said he didn't want to go to Nebraska knowing he was going to start his 3rd string QB. The only mistake was using Hogan's name instead of generically saying 3rd string QB.
When you're 19 or 20 years old and the 60-something year old head coach of a top 20 team that makes something like 4 million dollars a year makes a joke about you and his lack of trust in wanting to play you, that is pretty much tearing him down publicly. Do you consider that joke to be one that was trying to build him up?

I'm not saying that Ferentz is this evil person or that he did a horrible thing. What I am saying is that he should consider learning some psychology to help him connect with the Gen-Z players that he has today. Remember psychology, the thing that Hayden majored in while in college and tried to use to his advantage as much as possible?

When you're 19 or 20 years old and the 60-something year old head coach of a top 20 team that makes something like 4 million dollars a year makes a joke about you and his lack of trust in wanting to play you, that is pretty much tearing him down publicly. Do you consider that joke to be one that was trying to build him up?

I'm not saying that Ferentz is this evil person or that he did a horrible thing. What I am saying is that he should consider learning some psychology to help him connect with the Gen-Z players that he has today. Remember psychology, the thing that Hayden majored in while in college and tried to use to his advantage as much as possible?
Shrug. Honest mistake using his name. Beyond that, agree that we disagree. Hogan was leaving anyway, comment gave him a convenient excuse. Mom showed true colors.

ADVERTISEMENT