ADVERTISEMENT

Hole in my head is Patched….Update

joelbc1

HB King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
I know curious minds gots to know, so:
I was In the surgeon’s office at 0800 and out of there by 0900…skin graft taken from neck/collarbone area….Now recouping at home watching “The Lincoln Lawyer” and I am sore as hell. Anti-biotics have upset my gut so I’m keeping the bathroom busy too! Pain meds are slowly kicking in but damn……Boyz….I have had a lot of cutting done on me over the years (open heart, hip replacement, numerous MOHs) but nothing hurts as much as cutting and digging on my ear (its the second such surgery on my ear lobes)….Phuque…..it hurts and probably will for another day or so….(it hurts damn near as much as gout!)
Anyway, just wanted all you top know I survived so far….And I will survive! It’s just that this immediate recovery period is about as pleasant as watching Iowa’s offense trying to get a first down…or watching FSU trying to win a damn game! In a couple of days we will all be laughing about this, d=rinking whisky and talking about the good ol’ days! Thanks for letting me rant and being part of my therapy!
Go Hawks….Go ‘Noles……and all you all remember to Vote (often and for the “D”)!

Iowa’s 1960 team was even better than the 58 squad. The first 8 games on the schedule were all against top 20 teams. The only loss was to #3 Minnesota who then lost to OSU but still went to the Rose Bowl where they lost again. Iowa finished the season with Notre Dame and crushed them 28-0, the one and only unrated team at the time we played. 8-1 final rank of #3. Ranking done before bowl games…

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
I was In the surgeon’s office at 0800 and out of there by 0900…skin graft taken from neck/collarbone area….Now recouping at home watching “The Lincoln Lawyer” and I am sore as hell. Anti-biotics have upset my gut so I’m keeping the bathroom busy too! Pain meds are slowly kicking in but damn……Boyz….I have had a lot of cutting done on me over the years (open heart, hip replacement, numerous MOHs) but nothing hurts as much as cutting and digging on my ear (its the second such surgery on my ear lobes)….Phuque…..it hurts and probably will for another day or so….(it hurts damn near as much as gout!)
Anyway, just wanted all you top know I survived so far….And I will survive! It’s just that this immediate recovery period is about as pleasant as watching Iowa’s offense trying to get a first down…or watching FSU trying to win a damn game! In a couple of days we will all be laughing about this, d=rinking whisky and talking about the good ol’ days! Thanks for letting me rant and being part of my therapy!

Judging by your post history, I'd say you've always had a hole in your head.

I hope your recovery goes well. That said…
Could you change your avatar?

Judging by your post history, I'd say you've always had a hole in your head.

self-aware-self-awareness.gif

Good. Now change your avatar so I don't have to watch Saw when I come across one of your posts.

Sounds like someone needs to bring you some weed. I would, but it's a hell of a drive.

What are we talking here, a bad pierce job.

Iowa’s 1960 team was even better than the 58 squad. The first 8 games on the schedule were all against top 20 teams. The only loss was to #3 Minnesota who then lost to OSU but still went to the Rose Bowl where they lost again. Iowa finished the season with Notre Dame and crushed them 28-0, the one and only unrated team at the time we played. 8-1 final rank of #3. Ranking done before bowl games…
Arguably, the best (ever) Iowa team was ‘57. But a controversial tie with UMichigan and Bob White rushing for 66 of 68 yds. In the last 5 minutes of the game in Columbus coupled with the B10s “champion only to the Rose Bowl” rule ended that possibility. Plus… it created the Bob White legend that haunted UIowa for the next year, too. Bob White was a one man wrecking crew as far as Evy and UIowa was concerned…and truly established “ Woody ball” (3 yds. and a cloud of dust) as B10 football for the next 2 decades. I will always gave the visual of Bob White taking a hand-off in the ‘58 game and rumbling for about 20 yds carrying Randy Duncan on his back until help arrived. Ah, those memories of “2 way football” and “limited substitutions”….those were the days!

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT