ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Crap... Biden/Trump tied in Iowa

Wow....DM Register /Iowa polling showing a 47-47 race. This is horrendous news for the Congressional Districts 1/2/3 for Republicans and our Joni.

Maybe there is hope for Iowans.
Good. We Iowans see how equally sh***y and unfit these two candidates are to be President of our United States.

Thank you for being the voice of reason, Iowa...........BAU.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
You'll get your mouth smashed in then.
giphy.gif

Trump supporters actually LIKE that he’s an asshole. Hence, why they are deplorable.

Yep. And that's the main reason I have a problem with them. Republican or Democrat, no POTUS has ever been a complete embarrassment because of their behavior or personality disorder. These people not only accept it from Trump they celebrate it. Hence why they are not deserving of respect.

Yep. And that's the main reason I have a problem with them. Republican or Democrat, no POTUS has ever been a complete embarrassment because of their behavior or personality disorder. These people not only accept it from Trump they celebrate it. Hence why they are not deserving of respect.
Four more months. This race won't be close now that so many "Red" States from 2016 are now tossups or lean Democrat. Trump has too many States to defend and he's running behind on fundraising.

We're heading towards the Dems getting to 52/53 seats, potentially. And you know they're increasing their majority in the House.

Do incumbents usually have a sizeable lead on every state they won the first go around?
Typically, yes. That's the power of incumbency with fundraising and an organized operation in those States.

The exception this year is that PA/MI/WI were so close, less than 80,000 vote differential, they are truly tossups this go around. I'm sure the RNC expected a big effort on the Dem's part to reclaim.

The worry for the WH is States like Florida/Iowa/NC/GA/AZ are now in play. Hell, maybe even Ohio.

All this is just my opinion, tho.

Typically, yes. That's the power of incumbency with fundraising and an organized operation in those States.

The exception this year is that PA/MI/WI were so close, less than 80,000 vote differential, they are truly tossups this go around. I'm sure the RNC expected a big effort on the Dem's part to reclaim.

The worry for the WH is States like Florida/Iowa/NC/GA/AZ are now in play. Hell, maybe even Ohio.

All this is just my opinion, tho.

Agreed, especially if they are states that aren't typical battlegrounds. I've read as many as 14 or 15 states could potentially flip - Biden is leading in most by some margin. That's an unusually high number compared to past elections. Part of that reflects changing demographics (AZ), longtime states that flipped last time (PA/WI/MI for example), or states that have been back and forth and are true battlegrounds now.

Throw in states like TX and GA where most still expect Trump to win, but those margins have narrowed and have a slim chance of flipping.

Reactions: kkhawk and MitchLL
Do incumbents usually have a sizeable lead on every state they won the first go around?
Once Romney cleared the GOP field, he did get a modest bump from where he was relative to Obama when he was still battling primary challengers. That said, Obama still led in the swing states. Here is a story on 2012 polling that is interesting:

Agreed, especially if they are states that aren't typical battlegrounds. I've read as many as 14 or 15 states could potentially flip - Biden is leading in most by some margin. That's an unusually high number compared to past elections. Part of that reflects changing demographics (AZ), longtime states that flipped last time (PA/WI/MI for example), or states that have been back and forth and are true battlegrounds now.

Throw in states like TX and GA where most still expect Trump to win, but those margins have narrowed and have a slim chance of flipping.
That's just too many States to defend successfully. The latest polling on RCP paints a pretty bleak scenario for the WH. And I believe we're at the point that the SuperPacs will pull $$$ from the Presidential race and throw it at Senate races.

Reactions: sober_teacher
This article shows the headwinds Trump faces compared to Obama.

One key takeaway:The issue President Trump faces is not increased partisanship, but rather, increased agreement from all Americans that the nation is headed in the wrong direction. The latest Economist/YouGov Poll indicates that two-thirds (66%) of the country now believes the United States is on the wrong track.

Last edited:

New poll today says it's a tie in Georgia. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/22/poll-biden-tied-with-trump-in-georgia-419890

Four more months. This race won't be close now that so many "Red" States from 2016 are now tossups or lean Democrat. Trump has too many States to defend and he's running behind on fundraising.

We're heading towards the Dems getting to 52/53 seats, potentially. And you know they're increasing their majority in the House.

We'll see about that.

I think that shows men are less than willing to admit they made a mistake in 2016. Women seem to view things more objectively.

Just called the County Auditor to see when early "in person" voting begins. She told me October 8th and then added... "prepare to wait because we're really getting lots of calls".

Heavy turnout is usually bad for incumbents.

Or women are smarter. Especially Iowa women.

I thought you were going so you could kick someone’s ass, at least take a lighter to burn that bitch down
Think about it. Protesters are people that care about the future of this nation. They aren’t going to burn the very community they love. Protesters aren’t doing the burning.

So ask yourself who is burning? Who benefits from that? I see two groups that profit by chaos. Criminals and MAGAs. That’s who is burning things.

Trump won Iowa by +8 in 2016. Biden is also doing major ad buys here. Throw in a Supreme Court confirmation that will be on net a drag for the Rs, and this state could flip.
Uh huh. Have you ever been west of Des Moines? The state has 2 halves ya know. I drove thru there two weeks ago and nary a Biden sign was seen.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
ADVERTISEMENT