ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Women’s NCAA Tourney - Howard vs. South Carolina

Hawki97

HR Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
What a crazy box score for a tourney game. I get it SC is probably unstoppable this year and poor Howard was nothing more than cannon fodder, but that score line through the 3rd quarter is more likely what you’d see in a high school jv game not in D1 college. Ouch!

1Q 2Q 3Q 4Q
Howard 2 4 8 21
SC 22 44 60 79

*formatting is getting lost for some reason while posting on mobile, but use your brain and you’ll figure it out.

5 girls against one dude named Howard. What would you expect?

I don’t know…he can bitch slap with the best of them.

juwan-howard.jpg

Stanford up 20 to zip at the end of one last night on whoever they were playing.

Even with Iowa having a player of the year candidate, I just find the women's game hard to watch. It is just like watching a high school JV game, only on ESPN.

Sure. She has incredible range on her shot and is an excellent passer. Defense could use a bit of work though from what little I've seen of her.
She averages like 6-8 steals a game or something like that. What part of her defense do you think she needs to work on (not saying you are wrong, I'm just curious what you think her weak spots are)

She averages like 6-8 steals a game or something like that. What part of her defense do you think she needs to work on (not saying you are wrong, I'm just curious what you think her weak spots are)
Again, I've only watched her play a few times this year(Ohio St Indiana and Michigan). Guards from each of those teams were able to drive by her pretty easily and consistently.

Maybe that isn't the norm.

Again, I've only watched her play a few times this year(Ohio St Indiana and Michigan). Guards from each of those teams were able to drive by her pretty easily and consistently.

Maybe that isn't the norm.
It might be part of the design. Part of the reason she gets so many steals is that she makes a lot of attempts which can open her up to letting the guards get passed her. However, between Czinano and others there is help to step in the lane and usually stop the drive to the basket. Whether that is Caitlyn doing her thing or if it is a defensive philosophy from Bluder, I don't know. But it seems to be working alright these days.

• Wow
Reactions: HawCory
ADVERTISEMENT