ADVERTISEMENT

Home game start time predictions

Iowa st needs to and probably will be a night game. BTN probably...clown town won't be sniffing top 25

The day that Iowa plays Wisconsin, there is not another Big Ten game worth a sh*t. If that's not a night game, then either both teams are having a much worse season than expected, another derecho came through Iowa and blew down the Kinnick lights, or there was a disturbance in the space-time continuum and the Big Ten reverted back to no Nov night games...

Looks like some kickoff times should be coming by Memorial Day if stays in line with last year announcement.

The day that Iowa plays Wisconsin, there is not another Big Ten game worth a sh*t. If that's not a night game, then either both teams are having a much worse season than expected, another derecho came through Iowa and blew down the Kinnick lights, or there was a disturbance in the space-time continuum and the Big Ten reverted back to no Nov night games...
I would love it to be a night game but as mentioned above, more and more of the big games are moving to that Big Noon kickoff. I’m not personally a fan but evidently the TV viewership in that window is really good.

Fox ffff'ed this up. Should have been two more night games in Kinnick last year. If it is a huge game count on it being at noon on Fox.

I am also hoping FOX picks up some analysts with a little more B1G background. They seem to have too many PAC 12 (USC), Big 12 guys hanging around in my humble opinion. We pay for the party, we get to pick the band.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I’m curious what college football will do on Black Friday. World Cup time, USA vs England that day at 3 pm EST. While soccer isn’t normally a huge ratings hit, it normally does very well domestically when the World Cup rolls around.

Normally it doesn’t impact football season, but this is an unusual one with it being in Qatar.

I’m curious what college football will do on Black Friday. World Cup time, USA vs England that day at 3 pm EST. While soccer isn’t normally a huge ratings hit, it normally does very well domestically when the World Cup rolls around.

Normally it doesn’t impact football season, but this is an unusual one with it being in Qatar.
The what now?

Fox ffff'ed this up. Should have been two more night games in Kinnick last year. If it is a huge game count on it being at noon on Fox.

I am also hoping FOX picks up some analysts with a little more B1G background. They seem to have too many PAC 12 (USC), Big 12 guys hanging around in my humble opinion. We pay for the party, we get to pick the band.
No, FOX pays for the party- the game on TV.

Loved it when Father Bob would announce scores over the PA. In the third quarter, Ohio State 34, Illinois 6. At the half, Minnesota 17, Wisconsin 7. In the third quarter...
Nobody had a damn phone. Some maybe had a portable radio with them.

If Iowa had a spot for FOX to set up at and support a big crowd right by the stadium the PSU game would have been a noon start. Because there wasn't we got a 3PM start. Going forward we'll probably get the same. They want a crowd at their pregame show. People won't show up if the show goes to game time and they have a 30 minute walk to the game.

Here is when the tv schedules were released for the 1st 3 weeks of the season and special dates games since 2017. From 2017-2019 they were released 2-3 days after Memorial Day. In 2021 Memorial Day was May 31 so the networks released them May 26.

2021 Wednesday May 26
2020 Covid
2019 Thursday May 30
2018 Thursday May 31
2017 Wednesday May 31

Last edited:
Reactions: iahawkeyes17
I would love it to be a night game but as mentioned above, more and more of the big games are moving to that Big Noon kickoff. I’m not personally a fan but evidently the TV viewership in that window is really good.
Why put your best game in the slot where people will watch anyway? Put a reasonably interesting game there and save your best game to draw viewers where they might not otherwise.

I'm no guru, but that would be my instinct.

The networks will be having upfronts this next week so look for there to be a few national games released this next week.

Last edited:

I doubt college football does anything with the World Cup. FOX will air the USA game at 2pm, so they won't have a football game at that time.

Iowa-Neb has been a BTN production that past few years anyway. I'm guessing the same.

I doubt college football does anything with the World Cup. FOX will air the USA game at 2pm, so they won't have a football game at that time.

Iowa-Neb has been a BTN production that past few years anyway. I'm guessing the same.

Yeah idk. Unprecedented situation so I’m curious more than anything.

Those of you liking and hoping for 11 am kickoffs must not go to the games. Last season was my first with season tickets and it was bad enough getting up and getting there for the 2:30 kickoffs, we got lucky there were no 11 am ones. I'm not looking forward to 11 am kickoffs at all and I'm not even a big tailgater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT