ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question, what goes on in practice?

DodgerHawki

HR Legend
Nov 19, 2002
Most concerning thing about this year's version of the Hawks is not the lack of talent at WR or QB (although that is evident), but there are a lot of times in the game where they just don't look like they know what they are supposed to be doing. First time I can recall that in KF tenure. Even in 1999 and 2000 when the team wasn't good, there weren't really issues of lineman just not blocking anyone or getting beat easily by simple stunts on a 4-man rush. Most of the issues on the OL are just people not blocking anyone, or blocking the wrong guy. Ocassionally see someone get beat physically, which is what one would expect if it's just a matter of "being young."

What the heck is going on in practice? How do you not get better going against this defense in camp?

First team offense vs first team defense:

CornyOrderlyDowitcher-max-1mb.gif

There was an interview a couple of year ago with KF and he said that he doesn't watch football on the weekends because he is only worried about his team. That has always registered in my mind as concerning. How do you ever have new ideas if you don't watch other teams and see what offenses are doing that is new? The Minnesota Vikings basically have the same group that they had last year on offense. Change head coaches and bring in the new scheme and all of the sudden they are pretty freaking good. I don't think that is just luck or happens by chance. Scheme can cover up things that maybe the offense cannot do well.

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT