ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question

LarryMullenJr.

HR Legend
Dec 7, 2011
OK, I could likely Google this, but going more on memory, which as I age....

I'm wondering if/how many coaches Kirk and Hayden ever fired. I know both have had guys leave for various reasons--seems like Hayden's are more ballyhooed for becoming successful HCs elsewhere, but did they ever show anyone the door? Sure, there may have been a situation or two of "you're welcome to leave on your own, or be fired", but I can't remember either guy booting anyone. But again, that aging memory.

I'm pretty sure the coaches who didn't return after the "Texodus" scandal were as close to fired as KF gets...

I'm pretty sure the coaches who didn't return after the "Texodus" scandal were as close to fired as KF gets...
Agreed. I think those two plus maybe Pat Flaberty I. Early years are the only coaches who were “let go”. They were never really announced ass fired that I can recall but…. Reading between lines, they weren’t welcome to continue 😀

I don’t remember Hayden firing anyone either but that may be my poor memory

I don't think Soup or Lester Erb were part of that, but I think they were encouraged to find other places.

For Hayden, I remember he had a horrific OL coach once that if he wasn't fired, should have been.

Kaz and Darrell Wilson seemed to be encouraged to leave. And the guys who lied to Eno Benjamin. And the RB coach who opened a Culvers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT