ADVERTISEMENT

Honey Badger Knives

stickman80

HR All-State
Feb 26, 2009
Son has one (which I admired) so no pic had me select one for XMas.

Designed in South Africa and built in China but still very good quality and a very modest price. Not going to find many knives in the $50-$60 range with roller bearings. Opens slick with either the flipper or the blade hole. Spyderco takes a back seat to this guy.

Anyone else got one?

OP definitely got the pink handle for his blade.
A pink (or any brightly colored) knife handle wouldn't bother me. Much easier to find if you drop or set it down. Once had a yellow handled Spyderco. Gave it to my kid who was always looking for his knife.

IMO pink or other colored guns are a whole different story. Pink pistols are a stupid dangerous idea. Too easy for kids and ignorant adults to think they are a toy.

A pink (or any brightly colored) knife handle wouldn't bother me. Much easier to find if you drop or set it down. Once had a yellow handled Spyderco. Gave it to my kid who was always looking for his knife.

IMO pink or other colored guns are a whole different story. Pink pistols are a stupid dangerous idea. Too easy for kids and ignorant adults to think they are a toy.

Used to work with a guy who bought his wife a Hello Kitty AR-15.

This was a pretty rock solid all around knife for me on the farm.

I keep one of these in my bbq set and in my camping gear.

23pm_2048x.jpg

Reactions: stickman80

I have a couple of very nice bright yellow handled river knives attached to life vests.

Easy to see in an emergency.

I ordered a Civivi mini Praxis yesterday. Not sure why. On sale for 27 bucks. https://www.amazon.com/CIVIVI-Mini-Praxis-Survival-C18026C-1/dp/B0BF8FPH5L
There are a ton of very good EDC knives out there today. Lots of different options/styles. Personally I've grown fond of tanto points.

Decade or so ago the SOG Traction Tanto was available during sale for $16. I bought a dozen. IMO the best under $20 EDC. So cheap I'd use one in the shop, each vehicle, and in the boat/kayak. If they took a swim it was no big deal. Even mailed one to a hotel I was flying into and gave it to a valet when we left.

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
I've been looking at Benchmade Bugouts for several years, and never bought one.
But, I swear I've seen the price go from $120 to $175 over those years.

Bought a Spyderco Para 3 a few years ago that is my general edc knife.

Haven't heard of them. For a bit more, I will just stick to SpiderCo (made in CO). Did pick up a couple Buck knives the last time I did a knife purchase.

Haven't heard of them. For a bit more, I will just stick to SpiderCo (made in CO). Did pick up a couple Buck knives the last time I did a knife purchase.
Spyderco is a very good product. My question mark for the Honey Badger will be durability and time will be needed for that. I'll compare it to my son in laws proven Spyderco Tenacity.

Spyderco is hdq in CO but they have outsourced much of their production to Asia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT