ADVERTISEMENT

Hooters opens 'Hoots' concept without skimpy outfits

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
Hooters Management Corp., a licensee of Hooters of America, says it opened a restaurant Monday that doesn't feature waitresses in tight tops. It says the "Hoots" restaurant outside Chicago has people ordering at the counter rather than at tables, from male and female employees. Neil Kiefer, CEO of Hooters Management Corp., says the restaurant in Cicero, Illinois, is a test and it will serve only about a dozen menu items, including chicken wings.

The move comes as the restaurant industry faces flat customer traffic, though fast-food places are expected to steal business from sit-down chains, according to The NPD Group.

The U.S. had 337 Hooters restaurants in 2015, down from 340 in 2014, industry tracker Technomic said.

* see the Playboy Showing Nude Photos Again thread.
Seriously, the industry is moving toward a fewer-employee model and the way to do that is counter service instead of table service. The novelty of the breastaurant wore off ten years ago.

HootersFI.jpg

yes

l.jpg

no

The only time I went to a Hooters, the waitresses were flat-chested and they didn't serve alcohol. It was a Sunday in Illinois, I forget the town.

The one in Tally was close to my apartment in college (early 90’s) so it was my go-to place to watch away games. That was until I got some undercooked wings. Haven’t gone to one since.

My favorite things about Hooters remains the fact that they purchased a giant ad on the centerfield wall at the Phillies' spring training stadium in Clearwater in 1994. Lynne Austin was the original Hooters girl and was married to Darren Daulton for several years before filing for divorce shortly before the start of spring training in 1994.

How would you like to have to play baseball every day while looking at a giant picture of your soon-to-be-ex-wife?

AlT6R62CQAAtFbz.jpg

Their wing are better than bw3. I’d grab lunch from hoots every now and then if one was nearby.

You must have had some bad luck, because their food, especially their wings are very good. My old lady(no pics) will go there with me anytime cuz she likes the food.

I agree, there food is actually pretty decent, albeit a tad over-priced. However, I feel you are paying a bit more for the beautiful scenery. Although if that the scenery goes away the meal price should drop.

You must have had some bad luck, because their food, especially their wings are very good. My old lady(no pics) will go there with me anytime cuz she likes the food.
Must have, I'very been to the one in the Mall of America and been to the one in Maryland Heights, MO. Both times their food was not very good and haven't been to one since.

Curious how this is pussification? Their numbers are down and are trying something new to boost sales. No one whined and cried for them to force them to change outfits. This was a market correction. If anything, the pussification are the whiners complaining about the change.

Curious how this is pussification? Their numbers are down and are trying something new to boost sales. No one whined and cried for them to force them to change outfits. This was a market correction. If anything, the pussification are the whiners complaining about the change.

Hooters famously won a sex discrimination case brought by a male employee who was denied a waiter job. Hooters successfully argued that being an attractive female was a bona fide qualification for the job. Hooters doesn't simply sell chicken wings and beer; being served these items by a scantily-clad female server was ruled to be an integral part of the experience provided to their customers.

Hooters famously won a sex discrimination case brought by a male employee who was denied a waiter job. Hooters successfully argued that being an attractive female was a bona fide qualification for the job. Hooters doesn't simply sell chicken wings and beer; being served these items by a scantily-clad female server was ruled to be an integral part of the experience provided to their customers.
Thanks for the history lesson, Grandpa. Doesn't answer the pussification claim though, when they are voluntarily changing outfits because they think it will be more successful.

15-20 years ago their wings were really good. Now they're about like every other chain... heated up from flash frozen garbage. Last time I went to the one in QC, every wing had freezer burn and half had busted bones.

It's no Calico Jacks's.

Pink & White > Orange and White/Black

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT