ADVERTISEMENT

Hooters opens 'Hoots' concept without skimpy outfits

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/hooterstv/

65511664_627394784330686_376074514337607139_n.jpg

62125692_170065547353740_396356537150227683_n.jpg

Reactions: TJ8869 and QChawks
Hooters Management Corp., a licensee of Hooters of America, says it opened a restaurant Monday that doesn't feature waitresses in tight tops. It says the "Hoots" restaurant outside Chicago has people ordering at the counter rather than at tables, from male and female employees. Neil Kiefer, CEO of Hooters Management Corp., says the restaurant in Cicero, Illinois, is a test and it will serve only about a dozen menu items, including chicken wings.

The move comes as the restaurant industry faces flat customer traffic, though fast-food places are expected to steal business from sit-down chains, according to The NPD Group.

The U.S. had 337 Hooters restaurants in 2015, down from 340 in 2014, industry tracker Technomic said.
Is there a "Boo" button on here ... Will never work ...

The Hooters in West Des Moines did great for awhile but never really evolved from the late 1990s ... I do admit my better half and I went to one in Council Bluffs last year and some of the wings on the menu were exceptional ...

What about Tilted Kilt. Foods not great but those skirts are short and thongs are apparently in season year round.

3CXP6GGF55C5RMLJH6GO46GIUY.jpg

The Tilted Kilt franchise was founded in 2003 but was purchased in 2018 by Jacksonville-based the ARC Group. The tavern specialized in sports-pub fare – flatbread pizzas, chicken wings and hamburgers – served by so-called “Kilt Girls,” scantily clad waitstaff in mini-kilts, white stockings and midriff-baring white tops.

Despite the closing, these so-called chain “breastaurants” remain popular across South Florida. A Twin Peaks restaurant is scheduled to replace longtime bar Whiskey Tango in Hollywood in early 2020. Meanwhile, OG breastaurant Hooters still operates 10 locations from West Palm Beach to Doral, while Twin Peaks has outposts in Davie, Pembroke Pines and West Palm Beach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT