ADVERTISEMENT

Hospital Fundraiser Signed Photos (Year 2)

shoebox-treasures

HR All-State
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2004
Hey everyone,
It's taken several months to get the logistics done but as of today everything came together. A few of us on HR have been working on a fundraiser for the hospital with a few of the Iowa players. This is the second year that we have done this and last year was a big success. We were able to donate nearly $15,000 in total. In addition, we had enough stuff that we were able to help some of the charities that HR members are involved with. Last year we met with Keith Duncan, Tristin Wirfs, AJ Epenesa, Devonte Young, Amani Hooker and Nate Stanley. This year we have met with Chancy Golston, Daviyon Nixon, Brandon Smith, ISM, Keith Duncan and Alaric Jackson. For this year we have 8x10s and 16 by 20s. In addition there are several mini helmets signed by everyone. From last year, we still have 8x10s from Keith Duncan and 16x20s from everyone. There are also 2 signed team helmets and 2 signed team footballs from last year. The guys were gracious enough to sign everything for no cost. Again, we covered the cost of the photos and helmets. All the photos were signed with someone watching so we know with 100% certainty that they are real. Nothing is for sale and we're only asking for a reasonable donation. Everything will be donated to the Stead Children's Hospital. You get the photo as a thank you for your donation. When I send the items I'll also include a form that includes the U of I hospital 503C number for anyone that wants to take a tax deduction. WarHawk will be posting the pictures soon. As like last year, the easiest way to do this is to text me at 515-710-7995 or email at shoeboxtreasures@msn.com. You can also send a message to Warhawk or JDigman.

The guys this year are all done with eligibility so we don't need anyone complaining about compliance. We went through that process last year and everything was done properly. Once the basketball season is over we hope to have some great Luka Garza photos as well but we'll have to do those separately. He has agreed to do it so it should be a great addition.

I'm adding a little extra this year. For those of you who collect Iowa stuff, I have some stuff that I've accumulated that I'm going to donate. If you have interests just ask.

Last edited:
Here are the photos being used for some of the players above. These are great action shots and some of the most memorable plays of each players career with the Hawks! Great job Shoebox!!!

Just out of curiosity, how much do these usually go for? Money is really tight but I love your stuff. Did last year too.
It truly is a donation of your choice. Maybe part of this year's results will just bring a few smiles too. Send me a text and we'll make something work.

Shoebox is looking but I think we have some of those photos left over from last year is anyone is interested. Double checking what’s left on Wirfs.

16X20 available for all 3 and also devonte young ISU photo and Hooker's OSU photo. 8x10s of the Duncan photo as well. May have a couple mini helmets left from last year too. Working with Tristin Wirfs to get some new photos of him in his Super Bowl jersey. May take a couple weeks but I think it's going to happen.

I got a call from the hospital this afternoon. They saw our post on HR and wanted us to give them more details on how the fundraiser is set up. After 45 minutes they were very excited and offered to send us their "Seal of Approval". This is what they give to causes that they support. They are going to work with us to publicize what we are doing but asked that we come up with a name. That's not something I'm good at. Regardless, I think their blessing gives us 100% credibility and should eliminate questions that anyone may have had in the past. They asked us if we would be willing to sign a five year pledge for $50,000. Since we are already at $23,000 in the first two years we were happy to do it. We are working on some additional items and hope to have them ready soon. If you have any ideas, let me know and I'll do my best.

Caution with the name. Run it through the licensing department if you plan on using ‘Hawkeye’ or the logo. Not always an easy task.

I got stuff from Chauncey Golston in the mail today. He did 8x10s and 16x20s. Also added his name to the mini helmets from last year and this year.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I got a call from the hospital this afternoon. They saw our post on HR and wanted us to give them more details on how the fundraiser is set up. After 45 minutes they were very excited and offered to send us their "Seal of Approval". This is what they give to causes that they support. They are going to work with us to publicize what we are doing but asked that we come up with a name. That's not something I'm good at. Regardless, I think their blessing gives us 100% credibility and should eliminate questions that anyone may have had in the past. They asked us if we would be willing to sign a five year pledge for $50,000. Since we are already at $23,000 in the first two years we were happy to do it. We are working on some additional items and hope to have them ready soon. If you have any ideas, let me know and I'll do my best.

That's great news! Go Hawks-Jim

Here is a new Duncan -Nebby kick with All American inscription. If you would like this one let Shoebox or myself know.

We got a new piece that is pretty exciting. Sean Purdy is doing a custom helmet and Keith will personalize it however you want it. It will be a one of a kind piece and everything goes to the fundraiser. A picture of two of his helmets will be up shortly. Sean does amazing work and could probably do anything anyone wants. Let us know if you are interested.

Hey Guys - Shoebox has decided to up the fundraiser and is donating some of his personal items to the cause. So what we are going to do is a Silent Auction. We are going to start with these 2 items below and we are going to add more as we go along. As mentioned before, we really want to beat our lasts years donation amount and this is a great way of doing it. I will update the page every evening as to where the amount is for each item. You can contact myself or Shoebox thru DM or our emails below to let us know your amount. Again, we will make it a silent auction so your privacy will be protected and as always, every amount collected is going to the Children’s Hospital. Any questions let me know. If anyone has anything they want to donate to the cause that you feel is a great piece to raise money with, let me or Shoebox know. My email is mwarren19@hotmail.com and Shoe’s is shoeboxtreasures@msn.com

these 2 Items will end next Sunday at 9pm

1 . Signed Luka Garza Basketball. He just set the record so this is a great piece to have.

2. Signed Shonn Greene Football. He put all of his stats on it which makes it a very unique piece.

Good Luck!

Here is our next piece up for Silent Auction. The starting bid is $200, auction ends Friday night at 9pm 3/5.

this jersey was worn by Yahweh Jeudy in the 2019 Penn St. please DM me or Shoebox to put your bid in

Hey Guys- Shoebox was talking with Keith and Keith actually had found some 16x20’s last year that he inscribed. He put more notations on them than the ones he did this year, they are pretty limited. If you would like to make a donation for one of these, let us know!

Great News! Nick Neimann has heard about the cause and is going to do some signings for us.. we are hoping to use this photo below so be ready in a week or so. He also talked to Big Bro and Ben Niemann wants to contribute so he is hoping to get a game used KC Chiefs signed jersey to us. We are excited to have them both on board and stay tuned to this post!!! Thanks again for the support, we are hoping to crush last years total!

Next up- Game used pair of cleats from Keith Duncan, signed. Unreal item, won’t see too many of these around.
Opening bid is $400. Silent auction will end this Sunday 3/14 at 9pm. Dm me or Shoebox to put a bid in.

We found some prints from last year for Wirfs and Eppy. We have a limited amount of these so we are asking $50/piece for these. If you want to contribute more you are welcome to as all donations go to the Children’s Hospital.

Posting Keith with his shoes. Silent auction goes off Sunday night, DM myself or Shoebox with your offers... Currently at $400

Hey guys. we were able to get Nick Niemann to sign some photos. Have these in 16x20 and 8x10. The 16x20’s have the inscriptions on them. 8x10’s just his auto. We still have the others in stock as well. Let us know what you want to add to your collection!

Hey Guys- next up we have a Team signed football from the 2018-19 year. Starting bid will start at $0 so let Shoebox or myself know what you would like to bid. This will be a silent auction and end day with be this Sunday 3/28 9pm.

Any word on Garza signed pics? Sorry if I missed the announcement if one was made.

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT