ADVERTISEMENT

HostelAlfalfaWilcoxKeto’s Abortion Thoughts Thread

NMuK5An.jpg

Reactions: Wendy79
Rumblings of a General Strike starting to percolate on Twitter. I knew we would see this at some point but I figured it would take years of authoritarianism for it to happen.

Last edited:
Failure rate for contraceptive pills is 7%. Failure rate for male condoms is about 2% with correct use. Considering most are never taught how to use a condom because we can’t be talking to kids about smut, real life failure rates approach 15%. Due to latex allergy, some cannot use traditional condoms and the alternatives have an even higher failure rate (typically double that of latex).

IUDs have a much higher success rate (<1% failure) but also still carry concerns about potential future fertility impact (which has not been shown in studies thus far, but like COVID vaccines, once misinformation is out there it is hard to change perception).

Even tubal ligation carries a risk of future ectopic pregnancy.
Forget all that stuff, if you go with just the tip, no worries. It’s foolproof.

It’s completely fair, Goldie. Your five abortions story is part and parcel.
Stop trying to get me to interact with you, or to say I am opposed to abortion - or even contraception.
I support a woman’s choice and I strongly support beginning conversations with women and men about greater responsibility as it relates to contraception which prevents the need for abortion-which is a medical surgical procedure that like the other procedures mentioned does carry some degree of risk for a woman.

Reactions: State of Illinois
It’s funny how substance free everyone on your sides response are. It’s like you guys know nothing outside of the catchy lines you hear on the tv.
Because it is a waste of time to give you any in depth response. The words "The 1st amendment prevents you from imposing your religious beliefs on other people" just travels right through you.

Stop trying to get me to interact with you, or to say I am opposed to abortion - or even contraception.
I support a woman’s choice and I strongly support beginning conversations with women and men about greater responsibility as it relates to contraception which prevents the need for abortion-which is a medical surgical procedure that like the other procedures mentioned does carry some degree of risk for a woman.
You don’t like to be challenged. I get it. I like to challenge, and be challenged.

I never said you opposed abortion. Please just pay attention to what I say and directly address that. Your defensiveness tends to send you off track.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Because it is a waste of time to give you any in depth response. The words "The 1st amendment prevents you from imposing your religious beliefs on other people" just travels right through you.

You guys keep saying religion as if it has some bearing on the SCOTUS decision. It is all written out, none of the opinion says anything about religion. They didn’t make a ruling that abortion should be illegal either.

This was a long time coming and everyone that was privy to law knew it was. Blame your shitty representatives.

Reactions: HugeEddie
You don’t like to be challenged. I get it. I like to challenge, and be challenged.

I never said you opposed abortion. Please just pay attention to what I say and directly address that. Your defensiveness tends to send you off track.
Let’s challenge each other

And yet here you are - so predictably - interacting with me when I’ve told you not to.
My God you are insufferable.
And officially on ignore.

This is another very rare occurrence and I don’t have an answer for this but definitely agree something needs to allow for the abortion in these type of cases. But that doesn’t mean all abortions for anyone beyond the 12 weeks.

Reasonable solutions, not all or nothing.

Not as rare as you might think. My wife and I also had a baby diagnosed with a similar—if not the same—genetic abnormality at 12 weeks. We aborted at 14 weeks. She also had to have a second D&C a few years later when a miscarriage did not pass on its own.

The Right keeps calling them “rare occurrences” but these medically-necessary abortions happen far more often than they realize.

Not as rare as you might think. My wife and I also had a baby diagnosed with a similar—if not the same—genetic abnormality at 12 weeks. We aborted at 14 weeks. She also had to have a second D&C a few years later when a miscarriage did not pass on its own.

The Right keeps calling them “rare occurrences” but these medically-necessary abortions happen far more often than they realize.

Doesn’t USA rank like 30th for health risk to women either during or after giving birth?

Personally I would have abortions legal thru the 20th week of the pregnancy. Still shy of the range at which the fetus can become viable. I’d also want to have any and all information regarding adoptions, foster care, etc for their use - but make clear it is THEIR choice. Post-20 weeks, the only exceptions are for medical reasons, fetus wonts survive the womb, risk to the woman, etc.

Says an octogenarian from Jacksonville saying "Hi" to people in an auto dealership for $10 an hour.
I’m not an octogenarian yet...haven’t worked at the dealership for over a year.
I’m amused that you’ve borrowed someone’s balls so you can attempt to call me out. How IS your wife, by the way?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT