ADVERTISEMENT

Hotel clerk types racist message on guest's folio; offended guest doesn't blame the clerk, he blames Marriott Corporation...

Even for this board - the stretching here to turn this into white persecution is really impressive

C'mon!!

What happened to the Good Old Days, when white people could put a funny "Ching Chong" joke on a business invoice and have a good laugh about it with their fellow white employees without any consequences???

Even for this board - the stretching here to turn this into white persecution is really impressive

“There is so much nuance and complexity to this story, including historical context, that we worry will be overlooked. It is not lost on us that this racial slur was delivered by a fellow POC,” they added. “The last thing we want is for this to exacerbate tension between minority communities, who have been pitted against one another in this country. Racism affects everyone, and we stand against it.”

In other words, we have to stand together against the white man! POCs need to stop fighting amongst themselves!

Or, I don’t know, ya ignore stupid shit said/written by a stupid person. Especially the clerk at a hotel.

We just can’t brush things off, can we?

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
They sure do if they enter a "discovery" process to assess Marriott's liability.

Asking it advance is kind of giving Marriott a mulligan to avoid that eventuality.

That’s not the same thing as just demanding it, so no they really don’t get to.

That’s not the same thing as just demanding it, so no they really don’t get to.
I agree.

But when it's not provided, then they can re-demand it as part of a discovery process to identify whether employees are trained on "not being racist jerkwads" on company invoices.

Reactions: GarryO37
I was on a jury that awarded some people tens of millions from Pizza Hut. An employee made a stupid decision while on the job… since they were working, Pizza Hut was liable. A company IS its employees… otherwise they would/could never be held accountable for anything.
Sure, they can be held liable. But, you also agree with me -- and everybody else -- when I say that isolated incidents like this don't necessarily -- because defective people do defective things at every imaginable job on the regular -- say anything about the company's values or culture.

I seriously doubt Asian hating is a problem within the Marriot. This is very likely a couple dumbasses that happened to work for the Marriott.

Which is the point Trad and others are making and that you agree with.

Last edited:
What are you talking about now? I never said anything about suing.

And of course they can’t control everything their employees say and do. But they are still responsible for the consequences of their employees’ actions.
Keep in mind that the Abby bot searches for inflammatory words and only has a limited selection of responses. Very few of it’s responses make sense.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
So, asking Mr. Chung for pics of Tierney would be out of line then? Tierney sounds hot.

C'mon!!

What happened to the Good Old Days, when white people could put a funny "Ching Chong" joke on a business invoice and have a good laugh about it with their fellow white employees without any consequences???
The employee was a POC.

“There is so much nuance and complexity to this story, including historical context, that we worry will be overlooked. It is not lost on us that this racial slur was delivered by a fellow POC,” they added. “The last thing we want is for this to exacerbate tension between minority communities, who have been pitted against one another in this country. Racism affects everyone, and we stand against it.”

In other words, we have to stand together against the white man! POCs need to stop fighting amongst themselves!
Might be projecting

Picturing some of you guys at PTA meetings whining about special Ed kids getting extra attention to unite and take down normal kids

Reactions: RileyHawk
Here's the part they can't say out loud: Black people don't like Asians.
Blacks and Asians can be bigots and racists, too.

They learn well from white people. Always fun to denigrate people different from you, especially when it makes you feel more empowered.

What are you talking about now? I never said anything about suing.

And of course they can’t control everything their employees say and do. But they are still responsible for the consequences of their employees’ actions.
Please stop with faining ignorance, this whole thing is about suing a large corporation to get free money. No one has any class or character anymore.

Reactions: seminoleed
Please stop with faining ignorance, this whole thing is about suing a large corporation to get free money. No one has any class or character anymore.
Let's juxtapose this post with your statements on the Nicholas Sandmann saga....

Let's juxtapose this post with your statements on the Nicholas Sandmann saga....
To try and compare a high school kid who did nothing but stand in a parking lot waiting for a bus and have multiple major TV networks use his image to make an anti Trump stand, against someone claiming corporate racism by one company employee, who may have actually been a racist who knows, is really a stretch even for you.

Sandman did nothing but stand still and he was crucified by the media. Please Joes Place, you can do better than that.

Blacks and Asians can be bigots and racists, too.

They learn well from white people. Always fun to denigrate people different from you, especially when it makes you feel more empowered.
So what you’re implying is that Blacks and Asians are incapable of learning on their own and that whites must be their teachers.
Nice.

LOL, nope
It's why his case was tossed out of court.

And yet here you are, defending the same "opportunism".

It was tossed because he suffered no physical harm and it was over quickly but he did nothing.
I’m not opposed to the ruling.

Ahhh… look! A white guy sweating he’s going to lose his seat at the head of the table. Ironic how he looks just like a melting snowflake.

LOL, nope
It's why his case was tossed out of court.

And yet here you are, defending the same "opportunism".
One case was tossed, he received a financial settlement with other networks. My guess is the tossed case will be reinstated as well but we will see.

Reactions: goldmom

Wait… seriously… nobody has called out “faining” yet??

😂🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT