ADVERTISEMENT

Hotel close to team...any suggestions?

mariner67

HR All-State
Feb 16, 2017
I figure we want to be in a hotel close to the team which we won’t know for a while...or does anyone know now? That being said...any suggestions on where to stay in San Diego if we want to be close to team hotel? Haven’t been there in 40 years. I know some posted where to stay but can’t find it. Thanks in advance and Go Hawks!

Just booked at the Hilton San Diego at Mission Valley...looks to be close to stadium and centrally located...used hotwire.com and got a room for $105 per night..

Reactions: Eternal Return
Mission Valley is close to the stadium but not close to alot of nightlife. Teams stay in Gaslamp.

For adults, the Gaslamp district is probably the place you want to be. Good nightlife, lots of restaurants, bars, galleries, shopping. I'd probably rent a car no matter where I stayed if I wanted to check out a lot of different areas like beaches, SD Zoo, Sea World, Old Town, Coronado Island, etc. Horton Plaza has probably the coolest architecture for a mall experience that both adults and kids can enjoy. La Jolla is beautiful, but not a lot to do outside of the beach and high-end shopping. But staying near the nightlife (if that's your thing) is probably the best idea no matter where you go for the day so I'd stay near the Gas Lamp. Bunch of high rise hotels with great views in that area. Pricey, but that's San Diego.

If you have any concerns about noise staying right in the Gaslamp Quarter, you could look at hotels on the periphery which are all walkable to the GQ. Little Italy/Marina/East Village are all close by but a tad quieter for those who may not typically stay out until last call every night. Marina hotels (like the Embassy Suites and Grand Hyatt for example) are also close to Seaport Village, which has shops and restaurants and stuff right on the bay.

For anyone familiar with the San Diego skyline, the Grand Hyatt is made up of two prominent, pointy, "fraternal twin" towers right on the harbor (to the left in this photo).
coronado-san-diego-views.jpg

Another photo that shows the Grand Hyatt immediately adjacent to Seaport Village, which is the area with all the terracotta roofs in the foreground. To the left in this same photo...the shorter, cube-shaped building with the squatty white pyramidal roof cap is the Embassy Suites, which is another good choice in this area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT