ADVERTISEMENT

Hotel guests swimming in hotel pool while black... police called

I think that's why these types of calls have to end up going to police. And I don't think the police could realistically simply refuse to come even if they are individually rolling their eyes when they hear the call.

If you are asking if I agree with de-funding the police, the answer is unequivocally no.

If you are asking if I agree with de-funding the police, the answer is unequivocally no.

No my thing was your response was responding and seem to support a post that basically said "Do we really need to send cops out for this"

I think that for trespassing calls we do need to.

Nothing at all. Hoosier was oversimplifying the situation and was wondering why someone would be concerned in the first place. 2 valid reasons were brought forth. What’s confusing you?

My confusion is why anyone would try to rationalize something that is fairly intelligible and obvious.

Let's take this at face value. Suppose there were concerns raised that this woman and her children were trespassing. There is a simple and logical course of action that is universal.

"Excuse me, ma'am, I apologize for bothering you, but we received a guest complaint of people sneaking into the pool. Would you please be able to show us a key card that you are a guest here?"

That would have likely eliminated any reason for the police to be called.

This is not difficult.

Reactions: Pinehawk
No my thing was your response was responding and seem to support a post that basically said "Do we really need to send cops out for this"

I think that for trespassing calls we do need to.

I agree.

My point is there was a simple course of action--obvious and intelligible to anyone with a functioning brain--that would have likely eliminated any need for police involvement.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
Odds are they are told to call the cops and not confront individuals themselves.

Maybe.

But that further demonstrates the fundamental problem: assuming something sinister is happening in the first place.

I don't think most businesses want police officers showing up. Drives away business. I just don't see the hotel instructing employees to default to calling the police unless there are legitimate safety concerns.

My confusion is why anyone would try to rationalize something that is fairly intelligible and obvious.

Let's take this at face value. Suppose there were concerns raised that this woman and her children were trespassing. There is a simple and logical course of action that is universal.

"Excuse me, ma'am, I apologize for bothering you, but we received a guest complaint of people sneaking into the pool. Would you please be able to show us a key card that you are a guest here?"

That would have likely eliminated any reason for the police to be called.

This is not difficult.
So you agree with me. You would ask the question. I agree that it was very obvious.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Huh? When you see someone that you don't think is a guest, just ask to see everyone's room key. Might take 10 minutes.

I ment do it on a regular basis. Still would probably make guests mad to be asked.

I mean people are throwing fits and shooting people because they were asked to wear a mask for the duration of being in a public place. You don't think checking room keys is going to upset some people?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT