ADVERTISEMENT

Hotel Quality

nolesincebirth

HR Legend
Apr 15, 2003
Like some of our other posters, I often travel for work. When I’m traveling for longer periods, I’ve always tried to stay at Residence Inns so I can have the full fridge/kitchen and cook some meals instead of dining out every meal.

My last 3 Residence Inn experiences, each in a different state, have been horrible. The Residence Inn has apparently become the trailer park of Marriott hotels. The rooms have been either dirty or just worn down, they reek of weed, and the parking lots seem to have shady characters at all hours. I actually left the last one after 2 nights and moved to another hotel. I’m done with Residence Inn though.

And I don’t get it. They’re not any or at least much cheaper than other hotels. But the quality has tanked. Anyone else experiencing the same? I’m Titanium with Marriott so kinda stuck with them.

We have moved away from Marriott. Just burned the last points we had with them a few weeks ago in the Outer Banks. Although the hotel we stayed at there was quite new so it was actually quite pleasant.

Prefer Hyatt over everything, they just have a much more limited footprint. Usually just transfer Ultimate Rewards over when looking for a good redemption in a city that has a Hyatt.

Rolling with Hilton though currently and Diamond from the Aspire card.

We have moved away from Marriott. Just burned the last points we had with them a few weeks ago in the Outer Banks. Although the hotel we stayed at there was quite new so it was actually quite pleasant.

Prefer Hyatt over everything, they just have a much more limited footprint. Usually just transfer Ultimate Rewards over when looking for a good redemption in a city that has a Hyatt.

Rolling with Hilton though currently and Diamond from the Aspire card.
I’m not bailing on Marriott yet because I don’t want to lose status and I’m still satisfied with their other options. But I’m done with Residence Inn. If I do decide to bail on Marriott, I’ll switch to Hilton. They are better quality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT