ADVERTISEMENT

House Democrats elect Hakeem Jeffries as party leader

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
House Democrats on Wednesday elected Rep. Hakeem Jeffries as their leader, making him the first Black lawmaker to lead a party in Congress.
The New Yorker succeeds House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.), who has led the Democrats for two decades.
Jeffries will carry the title of minority leader when Congress returns in January with Republicans in control of the House as a result of the midterm elections.
Approved by acclamation, Jeffries, 52, and two other lawmakers in leadership — Reps. Katherine M. Clark (Mass.), 59, and Pete Aguilar (Calif.), 43 — will represent a generational change for Democrats who will be in the minority in the new Congress.

I’m sure he will do a fine job for the caucus, but was he a denier of the election in 2016?

Certainly possible I’m not remembering correctly & will be corrected quickly

I’m sure he will do a fine job for the caucus, but was he a denier of the election in 2016?

You do know that saying "I need to know what happened to the votes in Michigan" (I have no idea if he said this or not, it's just an example) is different than filing and losing over 60 lawsuits to overturn an election and then aiding and supporting an insurrection of Congress, right? I mean, he may have never accepted the election, but he moved on and dealt with it.

He made some great hip-hop with his old partner Eric B.
sjvjO.gif

I don't know where this biblically massive pile of bullshit that "the dems denied the 2016 election" when HIllary conceded within hours of the outcome originates, but if you're one of the hacks repeating this nonsense ("false equivalency" doesn't even begin to describe it. ), please never call anyone a "sheeple" again.

No friend of progressives despite his "membership" in the progressive caucus, much too corporate friendly but won't get bulldozed by republicans. Hopefully he fights them harder than he does the left.

I might be mistaken but I believe Jeffries was involved in a super pac that gave money to moderates that were being primaried by "far-left" candidates. He's the definition of a moderate that the board independents claim to love, but I'm sure he will be painted as the male AOC by most of them on here in 6 months.

With Old Joe having dementia, and Harris being a modern day Laugh In girl, the GOP will recognize the Speaker is 2 heartbeats away from being POTUS. Gaetz, et al, aren't bright enough to think that far ahead and get past their really sick love of Trump.

As far as Trump goes, if he ever decides to switch teams, I'm sure Gaetz would switch with him and be Trump's bitch.

With Old Joe having dementia, and Harris being a modern day Laugh In girl, the GOP will recognize the Speaker is 2 heartbeats away from being POTUS. Gaetz, et al, aren't bright enough to think that far ahead and get past their really sick love of Trump.

As far as Trump goes, if he ever decides to switch teams, I'm sure Gaetz would switch with him and be Trump's bitch.
:rolleyes:
So nice to see that Biden overcame his raging dementia this morning as he welcomed Emmanuel Macron to the WH and they both spoke about the core values of the US and France, and their commitment to continued cooperation. If this is dementia in action, give me more of it after 4 years of the greatest brain ever in the WH rage tweeting our foreign policy.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Dems got younger in the House and more diverse. I'd like to see the Senate follow suit. Hopefully Diane Feinstein steps down soon.
The Republicans keep getting weirder in their leadership.

Reactions: cigaretteman
:rolleyes:
So nice to see that Biden overcame his raging dementia this morning as he welcomed Emmanuel Macron to the WH and they both spoke about the core values of the US and France, and their commitment to continued cooperation. If this is dementia in action, give me more of it after 4 years of the greatest brain ever in the WH rage tweeting our foreign policy.
Dementia, especially in earlier stages, comes and goes. It affects memory more than reasoning ability, though memory does play a part in reasoning ability.

Having dementia (general term) doesn't mean a person is a vegetable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT