ADVERTISEMENT

House Republicans introduce ‘Commitment to America’

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
As they push to win control of the House in the midterm elections, Republicans have released a “Commitment to America” platform that lays out in broad strokes what their agenda would be next year.
The agenda, which is short on specifics, is broken out into four categories: “an economy that’s strong,” “a nation that’s safe,” “a future that’s built on freedom” and “a government that’s accountable.”
In many cases, policy goals are stated broadly, such as, “Increase take-home pay, create good-paying jobs.” In other cases, there are more details, such as, “Support 200,000 more police officers through recruiting bonuses.”
House Republicans are planning to hold an event Friday in Monongahela, Pa., to promote the plan.
On Thursday, the GOP caucus released a campaign-style video featuring House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) as well as a web page that provides the plan.

A future built on freedom? The current GOP?

tenor.gif

As they push to win control of the House in the midterm elections, Republicans have released a “Commitment to America” platform that lays out in broad strokes what their agenda would be next year.
The agenda, which is short on specifics, is broken out into four categories: “an economy that’s strong,” “a nation that’s safe,” “a future that’s built on freedom” and “a government that’s accountable.”
In many cases, policy goals are stated broadly, such as, “Increase take-home pay, create good-paying jobs.” In other cases, there are more details, such as, “Support 200,000 more police officers through recruiting bonuses.”
House Republicans are planning to hold an event Friday in Monongahela, Pa., to promote the plan.
On Thursday, the GOP caucus released a campaign-style video featuring House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) as well as a web page that provides the plan.

I like Kevin on a personal level, but this is about his level of intelligence when it comes to policy.

Reactions: TheCainer

So...more complete nonsense from the party of no.

How, precisely, do we get "a government that's accountable", when our entire party votes down whistleblower protections for those in government who call out corruption and unethical behavior of those in Congress and the WH?

This is like the South Park UnderPants Gnomes...

Step 1. Run on a campaign platform of "government accountability"​
Step 2. Gut whistleblower protections for those who try to hold government officials accountable​
Step 3. (we forgot step 3)​
Step 4. PROFIT​

Can someone explain the plan to repeal the 87,000 IRS agents? Isn't that to gain owed taxes? I don't understand the concern of these agents - taxes are owed, the agents will gain the owed taxes, the system becomes more accurate in relation to taxes owed and paid, our federal budget performance improves, the agents gain revenue that is beyond their compensation.

Can someone explain the plan to repeal the 87,000 IRS agents? Isn't that to gain owed taxes? I don't understand the concern of these agents - taxes are owed, the agents will gain the owed taxes, the system becomes more accurate in relation to taxes owed and paid, our federal budget performance improves, the agents gain revenue that is beyond their compensation.
I suppose the best answer is that it's easier to lie and say there are 87,000 new Feds coming to kick down the doors of hard working white people versus saying you've been in the Senate for going on 50 years and don't have much to show for it.

Some people think we need more border agents,.. Perhaps 20,000 new IRS agents would be a reasonable place to start?

Some people think we need more border agents,.. Perhaps 20,000 new IRS agents would be a reasonable place to start?
Perhaps the IRS could answer the phone so I can get a few client issues resolved. Instead of "I'm sorry we have no one to help you please try again another day." Yeah, I've tried multiple days and still get the same message.

Send a letter or fax you say? OK, if you want to wait 6-24 months to get a response.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Perhaps the IRS could answer the phone so I can get a few client issues resolved. Instead of "I'm sorry we have no one to help you please try again another day." Yeah, I've tried multiple days and still get the same message. Send a letter or fax you say? OK, if you want to wait 6-24 months to get a response.

I've heard this is the case,.. Perhaps with 20,000 new staffers someone could answer the phone.

There are not 87000 new agents coming in - there are plans for 87000 new employees over 10 years. These will add agents and IT and customer support and many other positions that are sorely in need. They will also replace 10's of thousands who will leave/retire over that timeframe.

Just another example of you right wingers getting duped by the propaganda.

There are not 87000 new agents coming in - there are plans for 87000 new employees over 10 years. These will add agents and IT and customer support and many other positions that are sorely in need. They will also replace 10's of thousands who will leave/retire over that timeframe.

Just another example of you right wingers getting duped by the propaganda.

It greatly amuses me how the folks who bag on public education and college degrees routinely get duped by the most basic elements of critical thinking....

ADVERTISEMENT