ADVERTISEMENT

How are your allergies now?

z_ape

HR Heisman
Mar 8, 2010
Particularly, those living in an upper-midwest environment?

While I tested low for most pollens sensitivity wise, my sinuses have been a mess. (I do have a known dust mite allergy, so maybe it's mostly that)

Second question: what's your method of treatment that actually works?

Particularly, those living in an upper-midwest environment?

While I tested low for most pollens sensitivity wise, my sinuses have been a mess. (I do have a known dust mite allergy, so maybe it's mostly that)

Second question: what's your method of treatment that actually works?
Two words: corticosteroid shot.

A systemic steroid for sinus stuff? Must be nasty.
I get the shot once a year for seasonal allergies in the spring. My symptoms are almost immediately gone. I've tried prescription nasal sprays, otc pills, even allergy shot regimens. Corticosteroid shot beats them all.

However, my doctor said, after I told him how much better it helped, "sure, just like the feeling people would get after taking heroine compared to ibuprofen."

So, there are risks. But he gives me the shot anyway. 🙂

Reactions: z_ape
I get the shot once a year for seasonal allergies in the spring. My symptoms are almost immediately gone. I've tried prescription nasal sprays, otc pills, even allergy shot regimens. Corticosteroid shot beats them all.

However, my doctor said, after I told him how much better it helped, "sure, just like the feeling people would get after taking heroine compared to ibuprofen."

So, there are risks. But he gives me the shot anyway. 🙂

I'll have to read about it. I'm surprised something like that would give you months of coverage. (Unless yours is a brief window of allergy for something specific)

I'll have to read about it. I'm surprised something like that would give you months of coverage. (Unless yours is a brief window of allergy for something specific)
3 months of coverage, plus you feel like the dude from The Program for a bit, without all the extreme roid rage, though.

I don't have allergies but my no pics wife does...and they've been awful for the last couple weeks. She's on a daily Zyrtec to control them and it cuts it enough that she's doing OK.

ADVERTISEMENT