ADVERTISEMENT

How bad will ISWho Clowns be next season?

Share with you how "what" really is? We had a fun year. No expectations with a first year coach and made the Sweet 16. It was frustrating at times, and we need to improve on offense moving forward, but I think we're in good hands. What else do you want to know?

Also, where are you seeing all these Clones fans "up in arms"?
You can share with us how despite everything you stated being true, the coaches poll still says Iowa is better. Oh and I say up in arms based on what I see on Cryclown fanatic and the clown report.

You can share with us how despite everything you stated being true, the coaches poll still says Iowa is better. Oh and I say up in arms based on what I see on Cryclown fanatic and the clown report.
Can't speak to the coaches poll, and I don't really care. I know we beat you by 20, and went to the Sweet 16, and I'm happy about that. Do you subscribe to CycloneReport? That's a pay board.

How are you feeling about your team next year? You lose a lot, and I'm not sure what you have coming back/coming in is going to make up for that. If Kris can step up like his brother, you've got a chance, though. We'll see.

Can't speak to the coaches poll, and I don't really care. I know we beat you by 20, and went to the Sweet 16, and I'm happy about that. Do you subscribe to CycloneReport? That's a pay board.

How are you feeling about your team next year? You lose a lot, and I'm not sure what you have coming back/coming in is going to make up for that. If Kris can step up like his brother, you've got a chance, though. We'll see.
I feel great about having the #21 team in the country after losing so many pieces from last years team. Also feel pretty good that the Hawks won’t be scoring 36 to 51 points in games next season and calling it “exciting”.

I feel great about having the #21 team in the country after losing so many pieces from last years team. Also feel that pretty good that the Hawks won’t be scoring 36 to 51 points in games next season and calling it “exciting”.
Winning is always exciting. Congrats on being #21, but that doesn't tell me your thoughts on NEXT year...

Winning is always exciting. Congrats on being #21, but that doesn't tell me your thoughts on NEXT year...
Better not tell any other clown fans your view of “winning is always exciting”. Clown fans all spent all last fall telling the world that the way Iowa was winning football games didn’t count and was “boring”. Do you want the links or is this another example of where we can say clown fans love to move the goalposts?

Now all of a sudden when isu wins with defense in basketball it is terribly “exciting”.

Oh and I said I feel great about next years basketball team not trying to win games by scoring 36 to 50 points and calling it “exciting”.

Last edited:
….and just like that we are back where I thought we would be. When isu wins games by playing defense in basketball it is “exciting” but when Iowa does it in football it is “boring”. Why, because clown fans say so.

Thanks flynnhicks03. It is always better when clown fans prove my point through their posts.

Now that we have settled this, what clown fan delusion would you like to validate next?

Last edited:
….and just like that we are back where I thought we would be. When isu wins games by playing defense in basketball it is “exciting” but when Iowa does it in football it is “boring”. Why, because clown fans say so.

Thanks flynnhicks03. It is always better when clown fans prove my point through their posts.

Now that we have settled this, what clown fan delusion would you like to validate next?
Are you actually arguing with someone about this, or does this just take place in your head? And why are you so worried about what Cyclone fans think about your football team while posting on the basketball board?

I’m guessing they will get some good transfers and they have a couple good players returning and stud PG. pretty good recruiting class as well.
plus if you play good defense you give yourself a chance on most nights.

Are you actually arguing with someone about this, or does this just take place in your head? And why are you so worried about what Cyclone fans think about your football team while posting on the basketball board?
Why are you so insistent on defending the isu fan base by posting on an Iowa board? Oh right, do as clown fans say not as clown fans do.

Another one of my favorites from clown fans. Two clown fan delusional arguments down, thanks flynnnhick03.

What’s next, isu’s racist student section or the penchant isu fans have for assaulting marching bands? Do you need links or can we just get to you telling us how things really are?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: flynnhicks03
Hey Flynnhick03, maybe you can answer this simple straightforward question, why is it ok for clown fans to create ten’s of thousands of posts about big bro Iowa but I can’t mock it on an Iowa board without clown fans getting pissy?

There must be some rational explanation for it, but each time I ask clown fans run away and hide.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: flynnhicks03
The coaches poll says Iowa is better. The game in December says ISU is better. I prefer head to head match-ups vs. a poll. If it were a close game, you might have an argument, but it was a 20 point game.

17% (16/92) of the posts on this thread are from Herky Fan. Seems like a lot.

The coaches poll says Iowa is better. The game in December says ISU is better. I prefer head to head match-ups vs. a poll. If it were a close game, you might have an argument, but it was a 20 point game.

Again it isn’t my rule it was CyTwit’s and clown fans on cryclown fanatic. Now if you want to join me in mocking how moronic the arguement is then fine I am all for it. Go smack clown fans stender. Tell us how well it is received.

Now in regards to post count, do you really want to compare with how many Iowa obsessed posts CyTwit has out of his 80,000+ Or must we ignore that Stender?

I can post links if it helps but usually clown fans just ignore them or give some random excuse as to why it doesn’t count. .

Last edited:

Serious question...if Iowa and ISU played head-to-head at the end of the season (neutral court) how do you think it turns out?

Serious question...if Iowa and ISU played head-to-head at the end of the season (neutral court) how do you think it turns out?
Certainly be much closer, I think would likely depend if ISU went ice cold and had one of their low 40 scoring games, be difficult to win. I’d say a toss up most likely, depend on who was hot that day. ISU would play good D but hard to beat a good offensive team if you can’t score over 50 points. Look forward to next year.

Reactions: BBHawk

Both teams finished better than expected, with Iowa and ISU having clunkers in their last games. This is that for ISU, being crappy on offense was the norm. For Iowa, it was a total anomaly.

Looking forward to next year's game. You caught a young Iowa team this year at your place. Next year the tables will be turned.

Both teams finished better than expected, with Iowa and ISU having clunkers in their last games. This is that for ISU, being crappy on offense was the norm. For Iowa, it was a total anomaly.

Looking forward to next year's game. You caught a young Iowa team this year at your place. Next year the tables will be turned.
Throw in ‘suspect officiating’ and you almost sound like a fan of that team out west 😜

Yeah. ISU was a veteran team featuring one of the best players in the nation and a group that had been playing together for years......oh, wait a minute......

Reactions: mrcyfan
Yeah. ISU was a veteran team featuring one of the best players in the nation and a group that had been playing together for years......oh, wait a minute......
That was early on and, in case you forgot, Keagan was playing injured. And to call Iowa "veteran" is ignorant. ISU had TEN players who were juniors or seniors with extensive playing experience. Iowa had FOUR. Doh!

Reactions: HerkyFan
That was early on and, in case you forgot, Keagan was playing injured. And to call Iowa "veteran" is ignorant. ISU had TEN players who were juniors or seniors with extensive playing experience. Iowa had FOUR. Doh!
Bohannan was playing, what, his eleventh season? And Connor? And most important, those guys had played together for a long, long time, and they were playing for a coach in a familiar system. The ISU players barely knew each other's names and the coaching staff was new.

Reactions: mrcyfan
I think ISU probably would have won, but not by 20.
As an Iowa fan, I think the Hawks would have won in a close rematch game, particularly if fouls for hacking/holding out top are called. However, I could understand where an ISU fan might see it differently.

Reactions: IAGuy
Bohannan was playing, what, his eleventh season? And Connor? And most important, those guys had played together for a long, long time, and they were playing for a coach in a familiar system. The ISU players barely knew each other's names and the coaching staff was new.
LOL. So they were new to each other that they had a terrible start, right? LOL! It was a lot of plug and play kids that fell apart as the year went on. It was nice as the new guy/team but as the season went along and opponents got film on ISU, the team didn't do so well, did they? IMHO ISU was lucky to catch Iowa early before Iowa gelled.

ISU was more Veteran, even with your dumb Bohannon comment. Brockington, Gabe, Kunz, and Conditt all in their 4th years, while Tristan, Jones, Grill, and Jackson were in their 3rd years. You said they weren't Veteran, while they clearly had more college years than Iowa, own it and stop being weird.

Come on, you're telling us you care more about a head to head win then where you team finishes? LOL, can't be real.

No, that's not what I'm saying. In terms of ISU vs Iowa, the head to head results are more important than a subjective ranking at the end of the year. #23 vs. # 21? Makes no difference. ISU winning by 20 points is what matters. Another poster asked how the game would turn out if they played again. My opinion (or anyone else) doesn't matter. The night they played in Ames is what matters. It's no different than in FB. ISU played their WORST game of the year vs Iowa in September. A big part of that was because Iowa played so well. If they played again, it might be a different outcome, it might not. They only played once so we have to conclude Iowa was better this year in FB.

LOL. So they were new to each other that they had a terrible start, right? LOL! It was a lot of plug and play kids that fell apart as the year went on. It was nice as the new guy/team but as the season went along and opponents got film on ISU, the team didn't do so well, did they? IMHO ISU was lucky to catch Iowa early before Iowa gelled.
Fell apart as the year went on? They made the Sweet Sixteen. They "fell apart" because they played teams, day in and day out, that were better than the teams they played in the non-conference.

Fell apart as the year went on? They made the Sweet Sixteen. They "fell apart" because they played teams, day in and day out, that were better than the teams they played in the non-conference.
ISU flamed out offensively once teams in the B12 figured out their offense. They had 2 mediocre games offensively in the tournament, with great draws for their low-scoring offense. Luck had more to do with ISU's finish.

But we'll see just how much your team has improved next year, won't we?

😉

Reactions: bozotheclown
No, that's not what I'm saying. In terms of ISU vs Iowa, the head to head results are more important than a subjective ranking at the end of the year. #23 vs. # 21? Makes no difference. ISU winning by 20 points is what matters. Another poster asked how the game would turn out if they played again. My opinion (or anyone else) doesn't matter. The night they played in Ames is what matters. It's no different than in FB. ISU played their WORST game of the year vs Iowa in September. A big part of that was because Iowa played so well. If they played again, it might be a different outcome, it might not. They only played once so we have to conclude Iowa was better this year in FB.
The year-end poll says Iowa was slightly better than Iowa State, so I’ll go with that.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I usually like your posts, but it's nothing like FB because Iowa won and went on to have a better season and higher ranking, while ISU was quite possibly the most disappointing team in all of college football. It's borderline amazing to hear an ISU fan say "subjective ranking", all while having sat on the preseason ranking throne for months previous to football last year.

As per bball, I'd take the higher ranking, and 26-10 vs 22-13 all day compared to an individual win. This is a bizarre argument. I would understand your argument if ISU went on to have the better bball season, but it doesn't appear that way. Personally, I don't remember much about the NCAA's and which teams made the sweet 16's, etc. This might possibly be because Iowa hasn't made it forever. Damn Richmond. I will however, remember that Big Ten Tourney run 10 years from now and every single moment along the way. The same way I still remember the 2001, 2002, and 2006 runs Iowa went on. I couldn't tell you how the 2001 or 2002 tournament games went at all without looking it up.

You lost to Okie state, WVU and KSU at the end of the year. Those teams are better than Xavier, Creighton, Memphis, and Iowa? Please stop.

You lost to Okie state, WVU and KSU at the end of the year. Those teams are better than Xavier, Creighton, Memphis, and Iowa? Please stop.
Creighton, Memphis and Iowa got better as the year went on. Xavier was overrated

I usually like your posts, but it's nothing like FB because Iowa won and went on to have a better season and higher ranking, while ISU was quite possibly the most disappointing team in all of college football. It's borderline amazing to hear an ISU fan say "subjective ranking", all while having sat on the preseason ranking throne for months previous to football last year.

As per bball, I'd take the higher ranking, and 26-10 vs 22-13 all day compared to an individual win. This is a bizarre argument. I would understand your argument if ISU went on to have the better bball season, but it doesn't appear that way. Personally, I don't remember much about the NCAA's and which teams made the sweet 16's, etc. This might possibly be because Iowa hasn't made it forever. Damn Richmond. I will however, remember that Big Ten Tourney run 10 years from now and every single moment along the way. The same way I still remember the 2001, 2002, and 2006 runs Iowa went on. I couldn't tell you how the 2001 or 2002 tournament games went at all without looking it up.

Iowa State won 4 out 6 Big 12 tournaments at one stretch during the 2010's. I don't remember who they played, or much about the games, but I can tell you who we played and how we did during the NCAA tournament those years. The conference tournaments are fun (I've heard KC is a blast, especially if your team makes it to the weekend), but they don't mean much.

I understand your point about football. I can't speak for other ISU fans, but I was super-excited about the #8 preseason ranking. It was uncharted territory for us. As you said, it was also subjective and also wrong.

As for basketball. Both teams exceeded expectations and should both feel good about that. It's okay to disagree on the rest. You are right that losing early in the tournament skews your interest. Since ISU beat LSU + Wisky, my interest was heightened. When ISU lost to UAB a few years back, and Hampton a 20+ years ago, the tournament was essentially over me. I was so pissed because expectations were so high for both teams.

Anyway, you brought up good points! Message boards can be civil + have healthy disagreements + debate.

and the teams isu beat in the tournament fired their coach or had key injuries early in the game.

Had that played out for Iowa we would have made the sweet 16 as well.

Iowa State won 4 out 6 Big 12 tournaments at one stretch during the 2010's. I don't remember who they played, or much about the games, but I can tell you who we played and how we did during the NCAA tournament those years. The conference tournaments are fun (I've heard KC is a blast, especially if your team makes it to the weekend), but they don't mean much.
UAB, correct?

I remember watching the UAB game, and the only thing I can recall is ISU played like crap and lost. It counts, and the only one saying thr refs stole it (6 years later) is HerkyFan. Seems odd?

I remember watching the UAB game, and the only thing I can recall is ISU played like crap and lost. It counts, and the only one saying thr refs stole it (6 years later) is HerkyFan. Seems odd?
Look stender nobody has a gun to your head to post on big bros site do they? Why do you care so much about how I mock the isu fan base? Now according to clown fans isu only loses when the refs steal the game from them. I can post links with thousands of posts backing up my claim but you would just insist all fan bases do that and ignore them anyway. 6 or 60 years ago makes no difference.

Just how clown fans roll.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT