ADVERTISEMENT

How close are you in real life to your online persona?

I joke around IRL in the same manner as I joke around here, I argue IRL about the same way as I argue here. However, I argue here about 100x more than IRL, so on balance my persona here comes off much different than IRL.

I’m exactly the same. I don’t understand the entertainment value it must provide some for being something different than you are IRL.

Says the dude who’s wife LOVES the roleplay. This past weekend I was the plumber, the week before I was a cop.

Reactions: Moral
I think I’m pretty much the same here on HROT as I am in the real world. Try to be polite but don’t back down from a challenge, hold a variety of opinions but am willing to listen, and don’t care much for groupthink. I don’t see the fun in trolling or playing an alternate personality online.

How about you?
I'm 100% gay in real life but 3% political.

I think that I'm pretty close to the same IRL. I'm pretty cynical about most things - I find that being optimistic about people leads to being let down a lot. I don't talk down to/about "poors" IRL - I grew up "lower middle class", I have family that would be considered poor, and I fully realize that "There but for the Grace of God Go I" - which, even in a non-religious context means to me that if a couple of things go differently along the way, maybe my life turns out way worse. I've tried to impart on the daughter (no pics) that she's been really lucky to this point to have opportunities that a lot of kids don't, but that she's got to make the best of it.

I try not to talk about politics to anyone IRL because, like here, no one's mind is ever going to be changed. I think IRL I'm just as confusing, politically, as maybe I come across in here (if anyone ever actually pays attention to me). All my MAGA family/friends think I'm a hippie Lib, and all the Libs that I'm friends with or work with think I'm this crazy gun-toting extremist Con. I think what I think though.

I guess one bug difference - or at least clarification - is around my preference for tattoos, piercings, and crazy women. While historically I've gravitated towards those things - and still find them appealing characteristics, MrsNDallas (no pics) has no tattoos, no odd piercings, and is only crazy in the traditional sense - not in the cut you when you're sleeping/torch your truck sense.

I don't discuss politics very much outside of the internet. I don't see any reason to discuss something that might damage how others view me.

Other than that I'm pretty much the same.

Reactions: BelemNole
I don’t get into the political discussions here very much but would definitely be considered right of center here. I’m viewed as quite a bit left of center amongst the people I hang out with.

Reactions: JoseCansecojr
I only talk politics about 1% of what I do on here, the little bit my wife or kids will tolerate. I don't talk politics much with anyone I know in real life.

I am 100% as long winded in real life as I am on here, there is no subject which can't accommodate further elaboration, more examples, and a couple more analogies. The difference is I don't check myself on here like I do in real life, because on here, people can feel free to not read what I'm writing, and in real life I have have some respect for other peoples' time and patience. But oh boy, my kids always knew what they were potentially in for when they asked a question.

Me 15 minutes into a 5 hour road trip when one of the kids asks "What is a credit card?" or "What does a lawyer do?":

The biggest difference is probably with people I know in real life I am a lot more raunchy and off color and will say things for laughs that I wouldn't say on here. In real life I'm more funny/witty and less sanctimonious.

So basically wondering how big our dicks are? Yes we all are rich with big dicks in real life as well

I'm more combative on here than in person. That being said, I don't have to deal with MAGA outside of this board. I try to keep from insulting folks on this board but I do have my weaknesses when I see truly moronic takes.

Reactions: mattymoknows
I'm a bit of a Ron Swanson type IRL. I don't want to talk to you. Certainly not about politics. I'm happy at home reading a book and smoking some pork.

I am what I am.
tumblr_m5jsbw85JE1rohz9zo1_640.gifv

Reactions: THE_DEVIL and Moral
I don't post consistently and keep somewhat quiet here. In real life I'm a lot more extroverted and chatty.

In real life I don't look for arguments but will if it's needed. Here I don't argue because arguing on the internet is a waste of time.

Reactions: mattymoknows
I'm pretty much the same. I hold some things back as I am a professional after all.

I think I’m pretty much the same here on HROT as I am in the real world. Try to be polite but don’t back down from a challenge, hold a variety of opinions but am willing to listen, and don’t care much for groupthink. I don’t see the fun in trolling or playing an alternate personality online.

How about you?
Which ones?

I'm much better looking, athletic, successful, wealthy, influential, intelligent, educated, worldly, drive a nicer car, live in a bigger house, have more accomplished kids and have a much hotter wife in real life than I admit on this anonymous message board.

• Haha
Reactions: SalAunese
ADVERTISEMENT