ADVERTISEMENT

How did the offense look to you?

As Kirk has said repeatedly in this years press conferences injuries.
Maybe Britt makes a good C, who knows. He was listed after spring as the starting left guard in spring. Davidkov was a back up. I don't think injuries are the only explanation to the line problem.

Maybe Britt makes a good C, who knows. He was listed after spring as the starting left guard in spring. Davidkov was a back up. I don't think injuries are the only explanation to the line problem.
Kirk is talking about guys who are playing now that were injured. When you are missing practice time you can’t develop.

Reactions: BBHawk
Kirk is talking about guys who are playing now that were injured. When you are missing practice time you can’t develop.
Why don't you point to specifics. I don't think the injuries coming out of spring were to the level at which you are advertising.

Why don't you point to specifics. I don't think the injuries coming out of spring were to the level at which you are advertising.
Richman, Dejong, Plumb, and likely Elsbury are all guys who missed time in fall camp.

Richman, Dejong, Plumb, and likely Elsbury are all guys who missed time in fall camp.
If you are counting for fall camp to be your great time of development, there is a problem occurring. I have yet to see anything about Elsbury missing time in fall camp either. Plumb should not be playing, Richman had a healthy spring as is reported below. I haven't seen anything outside of spring stating injuries for Delong. From here on out, providing links to your statements would be beneficial.

If you are counting for fall camp to be your great time of development, there is a problem occurring. I have yet to see anything about Elsbury missing time in fall camp either. Plumb should not be playing, Richman had a healthy spring as is reported below. I haven't seen anything outside of spring stating injuries for Delong. From here on out, providing links to your statements would be beneficial.
Here is 2/4. You can go listen to Kirk’s last two pressers where he’s mentioned them.

Incarnate Word scored over twice as my points and about twice the number of yards on the road against Nevada, as we did against them at Kinnick.

Not that hiring Brian was the correct move in hindsight, but who here was happy with Greg Davis?
Davis was pushed out, perhaps unfairly, at Texas to save Mack Brown's job for a while. I always thought KF picked him up to bring someone in who would be near retirement, competent, and run a more traditional offense. I believe he wanted to be able to promote Brian and have it look like an improvement, or at least not much of a change.

I don't know if Brian is the whole problem. There are probably a number of things going on, but since he's being paid OC money the responsibility to fix falls on him, no matter who his dad is. I hope the offense can improve even if it just means sustaining drives for a few first downs. The defense looks great but will be worn down in conference play if it doesn't get some help.

Incarnate Word scored over twice as my points and about twice the number of yards on the road against Nevada, as we did against them at Kinnick.
Not making excuses for BF, but...

1) There's no transitive property in football
2) It's very hard to take a lot of unplanned breaks during a game and maintain any sort of rhythm.

Incarnate Word threw the ball a lot because they were 2 TD behind at one point. Unlikely that Iowa was going to be slinging it all over the field when there was no need to.

This game became more about survival than about working any kinks out of the offense. Bad timing for it. At least the first Big Ten opponent is Rutgers.

They needed all of them. Nevada scored 44 points against IW.

No one bothered to play defense in that game. Different scenario completely in Iowa City.

I haven't looked at the schedule and Im not going to bother. 3, 6 or 7 doesn't make any difference to me. They're not going to be competitive against good teams.

If there's no chance of at least winning the west then Kork needs to stop worrying about wins this year and go into full rebuild mode now so that maybe they can be competitive for something relevant next year.

Well I think Kirk and Barnett and Brian are in constant rebuild mode with this offensive line. The starters will either get better or lose their starting positions. I hope Proctor is ready to play as a freshman and he is another young Wirfs.

Full rebuild would be if the hawks lose the next 3 games then it is time to give Padilla and Labas lots of playing time with Padilla starting so he has more experience for next year.

Get many receivers a lot of targets and plays

ADVERTISEMENT