ADVERTISEMENT

How disgusting.

Sett1997

HB Legend
Nov 27, 2004
College sports make me sick. Lol.
Student athletes , Iowa has them, Uni has them, Harvard has them. Louisville ?? Kentucky? UNC? Etc,, most of these kids couldn't pass an eighth grade test. Lol

Yeah, Sometimes life isn't fair, I wasn't born a Rockefeller, Hilton or Kennedy. Life goes on and you make the best of it.

Originally posted by Sett1997:
Student athletes , Iowa has them, Uni has them, Harvard has them. Louisville ?? Kentucky? UNC? Etc,, most of these kids couldn't pass an eighth grade test. Lol
Charles Barkley is proof of that.

Let's not forget we had Reggie Evans and Jake Jaacks on scholarship. Not everyone in black and gold goes to med school.

I would be interested to know why the original poster thinks the Iowa players are student athletes. Is it the lack of tattoos?

Nothing funny about it. It's disgusting.
Then stop watching, dumbass.

Continuing to support something that "disgusts" you makes you a Class A retard.

Originally posted by Scott559:
Yeah, Sometimes life isn't fair, I wasn't born a Rockefeller, Hilton or Kennedy. Life goes on and you make the best of it.
Envy thinking should never be part of our national character.

Oh I wish I was a Kennedy - 3 prematurely dead boys and one crazy sister

I wish I was Elvis - failed marriage, lost his daughter, bloated corpse at 42

I wish I was the King of Pop - most of your adult life fending off pederast charges, no close romantic relationship with another adult, face destroyed by dysmorphia, dead at 50

I wish I was the Lizard King - exiled and dead at 27

I wish I was Brad Pitt - married to a breastless psycho-b**** with a bunch of kids he really doesn't want

The point is everyone thinks their neighbor has it better - well they don't. Stop envying others and make the most of your own life. And for goodness sake, can we please turn everyone in the occupy movement over to ISIS after tattooing them with a message praising The Satanic Verses!

While I understand all the negativity toward your post, "that is just how it is and all", I also agree with you completely. It is all about money and winning. Too bad everyone has the attitude of "that's how it is in our world today". Same reason we allow the world to be controlled by morons and money. Same reason no one votes unless thier welfare is threatened. Same reason people are blind minions who don't give a sheeot about anything except themselves and want to blame everyone for their woes.

Politically correct, status quo sheep, led by the agenda of various media pundits. espn, cnn, fox.

The really smart people on here all know "that is just how the world is". They far outnumber the folks who use their common sense and values. I for one commend you for speaking what is true.

th

Originally posted by HRiscool:

I wish I was the King of Pop - most of your adult life fending off pederast charges, no close romantic relationship with another adult, face destroyed by dysmorphia, dead at 50

I wish I was Brad Pitt - married to a breastless psycho-b**** with a bunch of kids he really doesn't want

The point is everyone thinks their neighbor has it better - well they don't. Stop envying others and make the most of your own life. And for goodness sake, can we please turn everyone in the occupy movement over to ISIS after tattooing them with a message praising The Satanic Verses!
Not sure I saw him envying anyone. Right is right, wrong is wrong. Your attack is humorous. You do not seem to be one who accepts other viewpoints. You are entitled, does not make you correct.

Did you somehow give them IQ tests? If not, stfu because you have no basis for your stereotypical blathering.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by seseroy:
While I understand all the negativity toward your post, "that is just how it is and all", I also agree with you completely. It is all about money and winning. Too bad everyone has the attitude of "that's how it is in our world today". Same reason we allow the world to be controlled by morons and money. Same reason no one votes unless thier welfare is threatened. Same reason people are blind minions who don't give a sheeot about anything except themselves and want to blame everyone for their woes.

Politically correct, status quo sheep, led by the agenda of various media pundits. espn, cnn, fox.

The really smart people on here all know "that is just how the world is". They far outnumber the folks who use their common sense and values. I for one commend you for speaking what is true.
Spot on.

Originally posted by Buck.McCoy:

My depth of thinking compared to yours makes you a class A retard.

This post was edited on 3/22 10:26 PM by Sett1997

The kind of thinking depth that leads you to spending your Sunday night bitching and moaning about the evils of college athletics on a website that is devoted to (and only exists because of) said "digusting" entity?

Don't you have to get up in time for middle school tomorrow? You might have a quiz or something.

Fvcking dipshit.

The kind of thinking depth that leads you to spending your Sunday night bitching and moaning about the evils of college athletics on a website that is devoted to (and only exists because of) said "digusting" entity?

Don't you have to get up in time for middle school tomorrow? You might have a quiz or something.

Fvcking dipshit.

Original. Almost as good as the potato guy regurgitating something he saw on that there picture box. You forgot the mom's basement reference, that is always a good comeback.

This post was edited on 3/22 10:46 PM by seseroy

The OP does speak the truth. While I like watching college basketball, I realized a long time ago that the majority of the so called "elite" programs likely got that way by bending the rules.

Originally posted by Hans81:
The OP does speak the truth. While I like watching college basketball, I realized a long time ago that the majority of the so called "elite" programs likely got that way by bending the rules.
I don't buy it. calipari, boeheim, all I hear is that all they care about is the kids. Surely you can't be accurate. NC academic fraud for 20 yrs? No, they just trying to help their kids.

Originally posted by denmar81:
Charles Barkley is proof of that.
You mean it isn't Barles Charkley?

Shonn Green could barely spell his own name.
This post was edited on 3/23 9:26 AM by Iabugman

Originally posted by LarryMullenJr.:

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:
Originally posted by iahawkeyes17:
Marcus paige from unc academic all American :)
Probably doesn't hurt that his mother is a HS teacher...
...or he's just a great kid with a great family.
Even though he left our state to play for UNC I still hope he does well. He would have been a great Hawkeye.

Some programs recruit talent that is good enough to go pro early. Most don't. It sucks when you're not one of the blue bloods, but there's nothing "wrong" with it. If a player is good enough to go pro, more power to him. That's the way I see it. I only wish Iowa could get some of this kind of talent.

Originally posted by HRiscool:

The Kennedy sister wasn't crazy, she was what used to be called "retarded." Though mildly so. Then Dad Kennedy had her lobotomized, which wouldn't have helped anyway, and did make her worse.

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:

Originally posted by iahawkeyes17:
Marcus paige from unc academic all American :)
Probably doesn't hurt that his mother is a HS teacher...
The last I knew every son or daughter of a HS teacher is an academic all Americans. lol I wonder if Gesell's mother is a teacher, or Ally's mother or Sam's mother. Iowa, the only school with a men's and women's academic all American. Iowa women the only school with two. Ally Disterhoft, the only sophomore all American.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT