ADVERTISEMENT

How do you eat your corn on the cob??

D.

Come at me bro!

If you chose A-C then you have corn in your teeth right now...b/c that stuff never comes out.

Reactions: Hawkman98
I'm planning on my first corn on the cob meal this year and it got me thinking how other people eat it. I'm a B guy which I just assumed was the normal way to eat it, but maybe I'm in the minority. However, I do know if anyone is a C type you're probably a serial killer.

EX-m4n7U4AAqBda

The correct way. Typewriter style!

I eat it correctly, so A.

I don't acknowledge C or D as legitimate, so that leaves B. You B people are probably the same mouth breathing, collie molesting M2ers like @St. Louis Hawk

I'm planning on my first corn on the cob meal this year and it got me thinking how other people eat it. I'm a B guy which I just assumed was the normal way to eat it, but maybe I'm in the minority. However, I do know if anyone is a C type you're probably a serial killer.

EX-m4n7U4AAqBda
E:
BubleCorno_041516.jpg

Modified type "A" with butter & salt....

1. row 1 left to right
2. return
3. row 2 left to right
4. return & repeat until ear is fully consumed

EX-m4n7U4AAqBda
c, with butter and salt. Lots of salt

EX-m4n7U4AAqBda
Modified B if I understand the illustration. Full rotation of the ear up and down. Butter and pepper.
Best ever was the sweet, white, small kerneled corn my grandmother served up, sliced off of the ear... real butter and black pepper. I think Silver Queen was the variety my granddad always grew.
A close runner up to best ever was pulling ears in his garden and eating them then and there on the spot. Raw dawging.

I have always loved sweet corn, but my enthusiasm has waned since I discovered that much of the sweet corn is now Roundup ready. A is the preferred method for me.

D.

Come at me bro!

If you chose A-C then you have corn in your teeth right now...b/c that stuff never comes out.
That's funny, because I was thinking about this last night as we ate corn on the cob.

What's worse -- post-popcorn or post-corn on the cob?

Corn seems to leave more residue but the pieces are a lot smaller and less annoying than popcorn.

I was convinced I preferred the post-corn on the cob.

Reactions: LesClaypool
The only way to eat roastin ears is A. Butter and salt ONLY.

I just had corn a la Nero Wolfe.......40 minutes in a 500 degree oven. Husked at the table.

A modified A. I will eat about 2 "rows" going across right to left and then rotate the cob and start the next 2 rows. My method is only for professionals though, so amateurs better stick to what you can handle.

The only way to eat roastin ears is A. Butter and salt ONLY.

I just had corn a la Nero Wolfe.......40 minutes in a 500 degree oven. Husked at the table.
Me and brothers used to get into “clean the cob off fastest” races. The debris was widespread and our faces were covered in butter plus kernel parts.

ADVERTISEMENT