ADVERTISEMENT

How high could NIL deals get to for top athletes?

Hawk_82

HR Heisman
Sep 17, 2006
I know, not another one of these threads. But I have not seen what the high nil deals could get to.

I can't imagine a top college player will make more than a top NFL player, but their is lots of room for growth in nil deals.

The top 10 NFL qb averages 49mil. I think it is reasonable for the top 2-5 college qb to make 10mil plus in nil deals.

I imagine there will be a battle by top sponsors to lock up elite players in college so they can keep the deal going into the NFL.

The top 10 NFL wide receivers average 24 mil. I think you could see top receivers on name brand teams making 10 mil on nil deals as well.

How high do you see nil deals getting to in the next 5 years?

well-maybe-just-a-little-high-towelie.gif

Like most topics I’m pretty ignorant on how NIL will be paid out, and assume it will vary wildly from school to school. Most wealthy boosters aren’t idiots with their money and don’t toss it around without expecting a return on their investment.

I highly doubt boosters from Alabama are throwing money at Proctor without strings attached. When Quinn Ewers signed with Ohio State his NIL was worth $1 mil but stipulated that he played X number of snaps before being paid. He ended up stuck behind C.J. Stroud and transferred before ‘earning’ much from that deal.

These five star athletes have received special treatment their entire lives and most assume they’ll waltz right in a be an immediate star, but that rarely happens for freshmen. The lack of playing time, and getting paid, take the luster off of NIL very quickly and cause a lot of friction in the locker room. Just look at A&M.

I remember when NIL was being discussed (litigated?). Fans were hoping Garza would stick around because with the new NIL rules emerging he could make 6 FIGURES!

Since I am really smart, I knew there was no way a basketball player could earn that much. No. Way.

Of course, I was still thinking the local Ford dealer was going to pay him $5,000 to do a local TV commercial, and some bar/restaurant might pay him $2,000 to sign autographs for the patrons.

Also, I discovered, I'm NOT really smart. Crap.

So, how high can it go? There ain't no salary cap!

Pat Narduzzi said the N. Carolina QB was offered $5 million to transfer. This is insane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT