ADVERTISEMENT

How Hot is Archie Miller's Seat?

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Indiana just lost at home to Purdue. Purdue has beaten IU 8 straight times and 11 of the last 12.

I always thought Archie was a fraud, just like his brother, Sean Miller, head coach at Arizona.

IU's next game is at Iowa on Jan 21 (their game vs Mich State, which should have been next, is postponed). The Hoosiers follow that with a home game against Rutgers, a road game at Michigan and then home games against Illinois and Iowa.

His 4 year IU record:

2017-2018........16-15, 9-9 B1G (T-6th)
2018-2019........19-16, 8-12 B1G (9th)
2019-2020.......20-12, 9-11 B1G (T-10th)
2020-2021............8-6, 3-4 B1G (T-7th)
.TOTALS.......63-49, 29-36 B1G

Last edited:
Reactions: dean_oliver222
Yeah it’s a short leash for sure. If they don’t dance this year I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s done. For sure next year.

Reactions: HawkBall23
I don’t get it. Good track record and great recruiting.

They have zero identify as a program under him. If someone can tell me what they are trying to accomplish on offense, it would be news to me. The plan seems to be set a bunch of ball screens, occasionally throw the ball to Jackson-Davis. But the pieces don't fit together and the team just plays dumb, no other way to put it.

Indiana just lost at home to Purdue. I always thought Archie was a fraud, just like his brother, Sean Miller, head coach at Arizona.

IU's next game is at Iowa on Jan 21 (their game vs Mich State, which should have been next, is postponed).

His 4 year IU record:

2017-2018........16-15, 9-9 B1G (T-6th)
2018-2019........19-16, 8-12 B1G (9th)
2019-2020.......20-12, 9-11 B1G (T-10th)
2020-2021............8-6, 3-4 B1G (T-7th)
.TOTALS.......63-49, 29-36 B1G

I'm embarassed to say that I didn't know they were brothers. Maybe it makes more sense... maybe they both recruit well by slipping extra money to players but both suck at x's and o's.

They have zero identify as a program under him. If someone can tell me what they are trying to accomplish on offense, it would be news to me. The plan seems to be set a bunch of ball screens, occasionally throw the ball to Jackson-Davis. But the pieces don't fit together and the team just plays dumb, no other way to put it.
That Al Durham has to be lowest basketball IQ guard I ever seen in the B1G.

Its crazy how time flies & its year 4 already for him.

Money's tight so he probably survives this season but man, next year, in year 5, IU surely has to finally make some noise in terms of a B1G title and an NCAA run.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I'm embarassed to say that I didn't know they were brothers. Maybe it makes more sense... maybe they both recruit well by slipping extra money to players but both suck at x's and o's.
how Sean has survived at Arizona is beyond me; somehow Sean pleaded ignorance and all the blame was placed solely on the assistant; however, the FBI appears to have all the evidence Arizona needs to can him

and don't forget; Arizona "self imposed" a 1 year ban for this year on the NCAA Tournament! Way to get tough, Arizona!

how Sean has survived at Arizona is beyond me; somehow Sean pleaded ignorance and all the blame was placed solely on the assistant; however, the FBI appears to have all the evidence Arizona needs to can him

and don't forget; Arizona "self imposed" a 1 year ban for this year on the NCAA Tournament! Way to get tough, Arizona!

Self imposed in a year where they aren't really great and during a pandemic. How noble...

I was thinking, as IU lost to Purdue for the like the 19th time in a row, that Archie cannot survive this. The pandemic might save him but to keep losing to your instate rival cannot be sitting well in Bloomington.

Had very tight pants on tonight. Let me tell you, that was one hot ass!!!
d38837642506643f0b01d327021224fd.gif

I was thinking, as IU lost to Purdue for the like the 19th time in a row, that Archie cannot survive this. The pandemic might save him but to keep losing to your instate rival cannot be sitting well in Bloomington.

Purdue has beaten IU 8 straight times and 11 of the last 12.

And Purdue loves rubbing it in.

Last edited:
Hoosier fans are some of the more entitled in the country. They aren't supposed to lose, especially at home. I can't believe they're not doing some serious grumbling over there. They fired Crean, and he actually won a couple of conference championships.

Indiana Basketball = Nebraska Football

05 years, 2016: Last NCAA Tourney appearance
05 years, 2016: Last Sweet 16
05 years, 2016: Last Reg Season Conf Championship

19 years, 2002: Last Elite 8
19 years, 2002: Last Final Four
19 years, 2002: Last time in National Title Game
34 years, 1987: Last National Championship

Purdue has the all-time lead in the IU-PU series, and it's surprisingly not particularly close: 123-89

The difference between the two programs is the postseason success. IU has the natties and the edge in NCAA tourney appearances, but PU has more conference championships and All Americans (it's even more pronounced when limited to First Teamers)

Also, It has been 1,796 days since IU has beaten Purdue. Boiler UP!
at the end of the game, they were discussing how Purdue has dominated the series; do these numbers get even worse? I thought they said something of the last 19 but I don't know what the other # was

IU is now 8-6, 3-4 B1G.

Here are their next 5 games. Will they soon be 8-11, 3-9 in the B1G??

at Iowa on Jan 21
vs Rutgers
at Michigan
vs Illinois
vs Iowa

Is great recruiting the ability to land highly ranked players or the ability to land players you can develop who are winners who will play well as a team and give you 4-5 years?
Sing it from the rooftops!! I truly believe the key to college basketball success is a bunch of recruits ranked 100-250 vs 1-2 ranked in the top 20

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
at the end of the game, they were discussing how Purdue has dominated the series; do these numbers get even worse? I thought they said something of the last 19 but I don't know what the other # was
The numbers can't help but get worse for IU. For the 2021 recruiting class, Purdue just signed the #1 and #2 players in the state of Indiana where each year Indiana is loaded with high school talent. They are Kaufman and Caleb Furst. I was exited about this year's Purdue Freshman. So next season with these 2 classes, Purdue will finally have seniors in Williams, Stefanovich an Hunter Jr., I really don't see IU beating Purdue for the next 3 to 4 seasons on paper. Upsets can happen but IU's recruiting classes the past couple seasons aren't matching up to Purdue's or even the rest of the B1G quite frankly.

They play at a slow pace, shoot terribly, can’t make free throws, are undersized, and struggle to rebound. They don’t force turnovers on defense and they have mediocre assist numbers.

Miller’s offensive scheme sucks and they don’t have the length or physicality to be great defensively. They get good individual players but I’m not really sure what Miller’s vision for the team is. For starters, they should develop an offensive scheme that doesn’t entail dribbling around the perimeter and chucking up a bad shot or letting Jackson-Davis go one on one when they need points

Reactions: 4IUSox2
They play at a slow pace, shoot terribly, can’t make free throws, are undersized, and struggle to rebound. They don’t force turnovers on defense and they have mediocre assist numbers.

Miller’s offensive scheme sucks and they don’t have the length or physicality to be great defensively. They get good individual players but I’m not really sure what Miller’s vision for the team is. For starters, they should develop an offensive scheme that doesn’t entail dribbling around the perimeter and chucking up a bad shot or letting Jackson-Davis go one on one when they need points
IU doesn’t seem to run a particular offense. Not sure if I ever see them running a set play. Won or lose, Painter runs that motion offense. They do that weave and hand off every half court situation. You got players cutting to the basket or the big going to the hoop depending on the read. This offense inherently leads to a lot of open looks. All Purdue has to do is execute and make shots. With IU they are running around the half court like 5 on 5 at the rec center.

Steve Alford will be the next coach at IU.
Believe or not if you go to their forum he is not held in high regards for some reason. Throughout the years when his name comes up, a lot of them shoot it down. They always bring up the rape situation during his tenure at Iowa. They don’t like Dan Dakich either.

ADVERTISEMENT