ADVERTISEMENT

How is Owen Freeman not ...

The Deplorable Sleeping Dog

HR Heisman
Gold Member
May 9, 2018
a Rivals 4*? He's a low end ESPN 4* 247 has him .0005 away from a 4* Come on people, redress this slight damn your eyes.

He had a monster summer and I think his HS team is favored to win their state championship at whatever level in Illinois? Debele and Freeman are going to give Iowa a real solid frontcourt for years to come. Freeman could very well beat out Riley or portal center next year. Freeman 5, Dembele 4 and Pryce S 3 is a good looking senior line up if they get that far.

6658396173cce9ad5ea58d2d2c56811993935b54.gif

Is there a chance that once a kid signs with a program they stop rating that kid. Just a thought. Anyone know if this could be the reason? There really doesn't seem like a reason to rate a player once they sign with a University...

Last edited:
He is only a three star on 247. I have to think if he were going to Michigan or Purdue, he would be a mid to high four star. Bottom line though, the rankers won't affect his performance once he gets here.
Yeah, but like I said, the highest possible 3*. .0005 off the magic score of 90 and that 4th*. And yes, going somewhere else would raise his stock.

Owen and Brock also didn't play on a main AAU shoe circuit and are attending a public high school. These 2 things mean that the evaluators just see them signifcantly less than say a Dembele who played on the Nike AAU circuit and is at one of the best prep basketball schools. I know 247 recently covered an event that Moline was at, but for the most part the national recruiting coverage is mainly spending time at these weekend prep school invitationals because that's where a majority of the top kids are playing at.

Isn’t he rated number one big man in Illinois?
In the senior class. Freeman nationally is Rivals NR and 247 143.

James Brown (29 and 27) and Morez Johnson (55 and 58) in the junior class are rated higher nationally by quite a bit.

Freeman never showed much interest in Illinois. Illinois went out of state for Amani Hansberry (41 and 43).

Freeman is a good player. I enjoy watching Harding. If he can guard in the Big Ten at his size, he will be fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT