ADVERTISEMENT

How is the Iowa Legislature going to stop "Woke Indoctrination"?

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
I am not even sure what they are talking about. Is that what they are calling the people who are proposing cleaning the water?

If it's stuff in woke pop culture they don't like, like making Jake from State Farm black, they won't be able to do much. They don't run ad agencies.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Vouchers to Catholic schools is a bad idea. They teach some really enduring things about what Jesus said regarding rich/poor. Things that stick with a lot of lapsed Catholics. The things you learn at Catholic school you often end up translating in to something like "be woke unto others as you would have them be woke to you."

They couldn't even agree on a speaker. I doubt they'll find common ground on what "Woke Indoctrination" means to each of them.

I am not even sure what they are talking about. Is that what they are calling the people who are proposing cleaning the water?

If it's stuff in woke pop culture they don't like, like making Jake from State Farm black, they won't be able to do much. They don't run ad agencies.
Just for the record, I actually know "Jake from State Farm". Known him his entire life. He's my nephew. He's the whitest white boy you ever saw but he's perfectly ok with being presented as black for the sake of diversity.

There is no real goals for this. They have discovered that this stuff gets the rubes all lathered up and keeps them motivated so they will continue to dangle these issues out there to keep their base engaged.
The GOP is, as I have said before, interested in holding power with either no idea what they want to do or no interest in actually doing it. Their entire governing portfolio consists of cutting taxes for the wealthy and gaslighting everyone else.

Its funny because the things they are looking at doing like cutting property taxes will really hurt their rural supporters the most. The day will come before long that if you live in rural Iowa your wait for a cop will be over 30 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT