ADVERTISEMENT

How is there not a serious ethics investigation against Justice Thomas?

Huey Grey

HB King
Jan 15, 2013
These numbers are insane.

Justice Clarence Thomas has received some 47% of all known gifts given to Supreme Court in the modern era, likely totaling well over $5.87 million: Report​

These numbers are insane.

Justice Clarence Thomas has received some 47% of all known gifts given to Supreme Court in the modern era, likely totaling well over $5.87 million: Report​

Clarence Thomas is bought and paid-for by the DC swamp.

Because there is effectively no checks and balances on the supreme court.

There is so much wrong with how we do government we need to completely re-haul the whole thing.
Every communist regime in history began with this mindset. It's no surprise seeing the village Marxists liking the comment ofc lol

Reactions: Hawk_82
Every communist regime in history began with this mindset. It's no surprise seeing the village Marxists liking the comment ofc lol

That is not true at all. Most communist regimes start when the government ignores wealth inequality growing to an unsustainable amount until a bunch of people say screw it, pick up arms and take over and start killing the rich.

Someone saying we need to re-think how we do government is not the start of communism.

64c661c8cb6a8.image.png

That is not true at all. Most communist regimes start when the government ignores wealth inequality growing to an unsustainable amount until a bunch of people say screw it, pick up arms and take over and start killing the rich.

Someone saying we need to re-think how we do government is not the start of communism.
Primary causes of the Russian Revolution included widespread corruption and inefficiency within the czarist imperial government, growing dissatisfaction among peasants, workers, and soldiers, the monarchy’s level of control over the Russian Orthodox Church, and the disintegration of the Imperial Russian Army during World War I.

Looks like somebody did their homework.

That's only around $178K per year on the Court.

I wonder if he's embarrassed at how little he's gotten for selling his office and sacrificing his honor.

Then again, while he may have voted the way his bribers wanted, he seldom got the court to go along . . . until Trump stacked the court.

Counterpoint - That’s only the number journalists have uncovered

Something.

Ruth Ginsberg should have been relieved a long time before she started pushing up daisies and we are at that point with Thomas as well.
I agree. I don't know about other states, but Florida has an age limit of 75 years for Supreme Court justices. I think that is an appropriate age (80 should definitely be the limit).

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
Fake harassment charges vs Republican Supreme Court nominee’s is on page 17 of Democrat playbook.
I'm curious do you have a copy of this playbook? How many pages are there? Was it written by George Soros? I'm guessing it was written by Soros.

Counterpoint - That’s only the number journalists have uncovered
Here's another take, from Heather Cox Richardson.

Fix The Court, a nonprofit advocacy group that seeks to reform the federal courts, estimates that Thomas has accepted more than $4 million in gifts over the last 20 years. As economic analyst Steven Rattner pointed out, that’s 5.6 times more than the other 16 justices on the court in those years combined.

How much is OK?

Clarence Thomas was a key vote on the Supreme Court. But as ProPublica reported in December 2023, Thomas complained in 2000 to a Republican member of Congress about the low salaries of Supreme Court justices (equivalent to about $300,000 today) and suggested he might resign. The congressman and his friends were desperate to keep Thomas, with his staunchly Republican vote, on the court. In the years after 2000, friends and acquaintances provided Thomas with a steady stream of gifts that supplemented his income, and he stayed in his seat.

That's only around $178K per year on the Court.

I wonder if he's embarrassed at how little he's gotten for selling his office and sacrificing his honor.

Then again, while he may have voted the way his bribers wanted, he seldom got the court to go along . . . until Trump stacked the court.

Note that those numbers are only what ProPublica IDENTIFIED so far.

Actuals could be (and likely are) far worse.

Primary causes of the Russian Revolution included widespread corruption and inefficiency within the czarist imperial government, growing dissatisfaction among peasants, workers, and soldiers, the monarchy’s level of control over the Russian Orthodox Church, and the disintegration of the Imperial Russian Army during World War I.

Looks like somebody did their homework.

Which Party is it that seems to want to "gut" all the oversight right now, and not hold ANY on their "side" accountable for ANYTHING?

It's why I've decide not to vote for any R's anywhere, UNTIL they start addressing the rot inside their own party.

Dems may not be perfect, but they literally held Al Franken accountable for "fake boob grabbing". If you cannot stand up for Rule of Law (and simply ethics guidelines), you are not worthy of anyone's vote. GOP is the Road To Corruption at this point in their history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT