ADVERTISEMENT

How is this not demeaning?

Pretty sure it's less demeaning then "Good people on both sides"

I'll let African Americans decide who they find more demeaning. I'm pretty sure that I could put my whole life savings on Biden getting the plurality of the African American vote. Quite frankly there is a pretty strong chance he pulls 90%+ of the African American vote.

Reactions: MitchLL
laugh-r191677.gif
this may be the most offensive thing anyone could say about African Americans in public. He's basically saying they are a monolith incapable of thinking for themselves.

Everytime he talks he proves to be the guy leftists think Trump is: a racist who's losing his marbles.

Pretty sure it's less demeaning then "Good people on both sides"

I'll let African Americans decide who they find more demeaning. I'm pretty sure that I could put my whole life savings on Biden getting the plurality of the African American vote. Quite frankly there is a pretty strong chance he pulls 90%+ of the African American vote.

Well they aren't black if they don't vote for him

I’m not sure if there’s any context that could make the comment “better”.

You'd be surprised how context can change the entire meaning of a statement.

Since it's Biden, it probably is just a really bad brain fart. If he is actually saying the black community is largely homogeneous in comparison to other minority groups, then that is cringe-worthy and Trump-level stupid. The greatest reservation I have, though, in forming a serious judgment is why does the clip start with Biden saying, "Oh, by the way..."? Whatever was said or talked about beforehand might be important in understanding context.

But, I get it, the left has done "gotcha" snapshots of a lot of things Trump has said without trying to provide context for accuracy, so it's fair game.

Since it's Biden, it probably is just a really bad brain fart. If he is actually saying the black community is largely homogeneous in comparison to other minority groups, then that is cringe-worthy and Trump-level stupid. The greatest reservation I have, though, in forming a serious judgment is why does the clip start with Biden saying, "Oh, by the way..."? Whatever was said or talked about beforehand might be important in understanding context.

But, I get it, the left has done "gotcha" snapshots of a lot of things Trump has said without trying to provide context for accuracy, so it's fair game.
There is 0 reason for anyone to ever do any I got you items on Trump it is never ending self owning daily by him without anything else needed.

I posted the full clip for you

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
The script says to say certain things for sound bytes and to get elected, but since the messages are not coming from him he screws it all up.

I don’t think his mind can retain all the points he is expected to make so he gets things out of order and says something he doesn’t intend appearing more cognitively impaired.

I would say he is likely correct, but i would expect somebody can refute him with stats if he is wrong. Ultimately, the Latinos in the US know their heritage and where they come from. A Cuban immigrant or decendent does not have the same heritage as a Mexican immigrant. They may have different views based on those differences.

Blacks have a shared heritage because of the whole slave thing.

Reactions: BelemNole
I would say he is likely correct, but i would expect somebody can refute him with stats if he is wrong. Ultimately, the Latinos in the US know their heritage and where they come from. A Cuban immigrant or decendent does not have the same heritage as a Mexican immigrant. They may have different views based on those differences.

That was my thought as well.

In America, Hispanics come from dozens of countries, many with different cultures, beliefs, habits, etc. Someone from Peru has a very different world view than someone from Mexico who has a very different world view than someone from El Salvador.

This likely HAD BEEN the case with Africans brought over during the days of slavery, but in the intervening centuries, Black American culture has become more homogenized due to decades of shared experience.

This is a very nuanced and accurate observation, which is why no one who supports Trump could possibly comprehend it.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye

I can only imagine how this would treated in the media had Trump said it. They would be lighting him on fire...Biden...it will barely draw a mention IMO.

I doubt Biden meant to disparage the "black community", but his words do reveal that he apparently thinks that "they" are all alike...which in other contexts would be enough fuel to launch a rocket. While it is reasonable to not lump all Latinos into one group...what is it about black people that Biden thinks that they are not diverse?

Biden is not correct because that is not the context of what is being discussed. Frankly, there's no reason for Biden to even mention another minority group.

There would be some wiggle room for that interpretation, in terms of blacks in America having a collective history of slavery and systemic racism, if it were not for Biden's parenthetical "with notable exceptions." In other words, Biden is clearly contrasting the lack of diversity of culture and thought in the black community to the Latino community. And this is exactly the type of stupid shit that happens when you overplay identity politics like liberals often do.

It's indefensible. No liberal should be rationalizing this. Do I think Joe Biden is intending to be demeaning? No. But it is extremely callous and reflects a very archaic viewpoint.

I can only imagine how this would treated in the media had Trump said it. They would be lighting him on fire...Biden...it will barely draw a mention IMO.

I doubt Biden meant to disparage the "black community", but his words do reveal that he apparently thinks that "they" are all alike...which in other contexts would be enough fuel to launch a rocket. While it is reasonable to not lump all Latinos into one group...what is it about black people that Biden thinks that they are not diverse?
Well they aren't black if they don't vote for him
Eevh2bw-WAAECNnp.jpg

I very much agree with this. ^^ IMO, we all need to stop feeding the media...don't support them. Their collective "gotcha" approach is making all of us less well informed.

In this case though, looking at things in context...Biden stepped in it.

Lol, please. Trump is a despicable pos by the minute but go on...

There is 0 reason for anyone to ever do any I got you items on Trump it is never ending self owning daily by him without anything else needed.

You know I think Trump is a joke but I can't agree with that point of view. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If Trump is to be held accountable for everything he says that's stupid, Biden deserves the same consideration.

The bottom line is America can do better than these two cantankerous old farts. Relax, Chis, this is not going to push me into voting for Trump, but defending Biden on this is hypocrisy. It's no different than Trump supporters rationalizing away the dumb shit Trump has said. No different. And if what Biden just said had come out of Trump's mouth, holy hell this board, the media, and every single mouth-breathing unhinged lib in America would have completely lost their poop.

You know I think Trump is a joke but I can't agree with that point of view. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If Trump is to be held accountable for everything he says that's stupid, Biden deserves the same consideration.

The bottom line is America can do better than these two cantankerous old farts. Relax, Chis, this is not going to push me into voting for Trump, but defending Biden on this is hypocrisy. It's no different than Trump supporters rationalizing away the dumb shit Trump has said. No different. And if what Biden just said had come out of Trump's mouth, holy hell this board, the media, and every single mouth-breathing unhinged lib in America would have completely lost their poop.
I'm relaxed, I laugh at Trump supporters trying to provide us anything to do with morals and ethics etc.. It is the irony of all time.

I do agree with this - Trump would definitely not get the benefit of the doubt from the media. That said, he hasn’t exactly earned it, either.

I do agree with this - Trump would definitely not get the benefit of the doubt from the media. That said, he hasn’t exactly earned it, either.
Why should he at this point everything is just flat out lies and making up shit and calling everything fake. The fake is him. When he says fake news it's truth.

I very much agree with this. ^^ IMO, we all need to stop feeding the media...don't support them. Their collective "gotcha" approach is making all of us less well informed.

In this case though, looking at things in context...Biden stepped in it.

I've given Trump the same consideration when he is charged with saying racist things. There have also been times I have defended Trump when I believe the greater context suggests otherwise and have gotten blasted by libs on here each time.

After watching that full clip, I feel pretty safe in concluding what Biden said by any reasonable measure is racist. Do I think Joe Biden is himself a racist? No. I think he's just old and obtuse. But, as I've always said, racism has a spectrum. I don't believe Trump or Biden are full-fledged bigots, but the things they say reflect a certain attitude from a not-so-distant American past that are quite revealing in terms of language and rhetoric customary during their formative years. Hence why the so-called "woke" culture needs to be more about educating than excoriating older people who don't always get it.

Trying to talk in short soundbites about entire cultural/ethnic groups is always difficult and never advisable. It was not smart to try and cover the entire black community with any sort of blanket statement about a lack of diversity of thought. Note, however, that Biden does say, "with notable exceptions" when making that statement about the AA community. Furthermore, his point is correct in that there is much greater variation within the latinx communities, much of which may reflect the heritage of the non-US communities from which their families came. This can be seen in all manner of forms with respect to social values, political thought, religion, etc.

Biden's problem here, is that he didn't even need to "go there" - he could have simply said that he is going to look at all populations where deportation issues exist and note that each population is going to have different issues/context with respect to how the problems are addressed. There was no need to even talk about the AA community in this particular interview. So, it's definitely a self-inflicted wound.

Correct. Trump pitting the American people against the media have garnered him no sympathy from me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT