ADVERTISEMENT

How Joe Manchin Knifed the Democrats — and Bailed on Saving Democracy

Makes no difference.......,and BTW, it is INconvenient because I cannot vote early at my library and cast my ballot there like I have in the past. Yes I am lazy (your opinion) but you dumb sonofabitch....it is MY right to vote.....and be a lazy bastard too....if I desire. Plus....I have to vote before 8PM, if I vote on election day...I in the past, when casting on election day, enjoyed going to the polls at about 830PM ........shorter wait time.
I could give two shits if it's "your" vote. Early vote, absentee vote, or get up off your duff and vote on election day. Your options are numerous and fair.

I could give two shits if it's "your" vote. Early vote, absentee vote, or get up off your duff and vote on election day. Your options are numerous and fair.
But restricted as compared to past elections....and they have been restricted for NO reason other than fear. They have been restricted so the Party in power can more easily remain in power.

Reactions: Tom Paris
But restricted as compared to past elections....and they have been restricted for NO reason other than fear. They have been restricted so the Party in power can more easily remain in power.
There's zero basis in your "belief". Dates were shorten due to costs and how other states do it. You have ample time to get it done. So once again you're just bitching. You'll complain and complain but yet when it comes time to vote you'll get it in.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
There's zero basis in your "belief". Dates were shorten due to costs and how other states do it. You have ample time to get it done. So once again you're just bitching. You'll complain and complain but yet when it comes time to vote you'll get it in.
What difference does “how other stTes do it” make? Each state is responsible for its election rules. Voting is now more inconvenient for me than it was a couple of years ago. It is more of a hassle to request absentee ballots....the days allowed for me to return the bLlot have been altered to fewer days...plus, alternative polling places...fit me the public library, have been eliminated. It is a hassle for folks like me...older folks, to vote. It should should be as easy as tKing a piss to vote...now it involves jumping thru hoops to exercise my most basic right as a citizen. And this was fond for no reason at all. We have just emerged from the most successful national election in our country’s history in 2020 in terms of numbers of votes and fewest proven cases of voter fraud.

It's a Constitutional right for him to be allowed to vote. If it's not convenient or possible for him to do it because of work or other schedules it's written into the core of our country's soul that he be allowed to vote. The right wants to limit that Constitutional right by any means necessary. They are traitors and thieves.
So any rules about when and where voting is available that make voting inconvenient is the end of Democracy?

Can I vote 4 months before Election Day? How about at 4am? I would like a polling location across the street.

Cater to MEEEEEE!!!

So any rules about when and where voting is available that make voting inconvenient is the end of Democracy?

Can I vote 4 months before Election Day? How about at 4am? I would like a polling location across the street.

Cater to MEEEEEE!!!
I ought to be able to vote a few weeks early and not have to run 10 miles to a downtown location thru heavy traffic and then with the hassle finding ( and paying) for a pkg. space. I have voted severL times over the past decade a week or two eRly by going to my local library, a few blocks from my house and voting “live.” Sorry Tim...I find this reasonBle, especiLlt when it is my right to vote! Look...I am on the voter’s list....I will even provide you proof of who I am....why not be able to vote a month or so before the official Election Day? What does it hurt?
Other than fulfilling a Constitutional guarantee, I cannot think of any reason why not.

Fixing voting rights is easy. Mandatory voting in person, with valid ID proving American citizenship and using paper ballots. Anything else is just fodder for the idiot masses to get worked up over.
Hell, I would love to see a mechanical counter mounted high with a cord tied to it. Every person that casts a vote and leaves pulls that cord to be counted. The election officials and anyone with a phone camera can take a picture of that counter at any time. Geotag and time tag.
Then make sure the number of votes cast match the counter.

What difference does “how other stTes do it” make? Each state is responsible for its election rules. Voting is now more inconvenient for me than it was a couple of years ago. It is more of a hassle to request absentee ballots....the days allowed for me to return the bLlot have been altered to fewer days...plus, alternative polling places...fit me the public library, have been eliminated. It is a hassle for folks like me...older folks, to vote. It should should be as easy as tKing a piss to vote...now it involves jumping thru hoops to exercise my most basic right as a citizen. And this was fond for no reason at all. We have just emerged from the most successful national election in our country’s history in 2020 in terms of numbers of votes and fewest proven cases of voter fraud.
Oh No!!! So inconvenient!

You are literally bitching about nothing again. Wah Wah Wah. It is easy, even if you can't get around. It was not the most successful election in our country's history by a large margin. That's just BS.

Cater to MEEEEEE!!!
Paging Dr. Hyperbole. Dr. Hyperbole to the ER please.

• Haha
Reactions: timinatoria
Paging Dr. Hyperbole. Dr. Hyperbole to the ER please.
So where do you draw the line? Every time someone tries they are accused of ‘ending democracy’, or racism.

After reading the hyperbole and outright lies told by Democrats about the Georgia voting laws, I have a hard time listening to them bitch about free water and being inconvenienced.

Cater to MEEEEEE!!!
Wow this is really obtuse. In 3 sentences you did a pretty perfect job of it.

So where do you draw the line? Every time someone tries they are accused of ‘ending democracy’, or racism.

After reading the hyperbole and outright lies told by Democrats about the Georgia voting laws, I have a hard time listening to them bitch about free water and being inconvenienced.
So what you are saying is, states aren't actually making laws that allow them to put in new sets of electors to not accept a decision (throw out a vote) the people in power don't agree with?

Because these are the types of laws that are being created. It's happening. These are YOUR people plotting this. Please watch the video. It's not fake news. It's a plan. In their own words. From the reaction of you and many others, just on this site, it's working like a charm. We're a few years away from my vote for a Democrat not counting at all. Republicans, as we keep telling you, are giving up on democracy. They aren't giving up power. Their base are the dupes pushing us toward authoritarianism. It's pretty obvious.

Dude, let me know when a GOP controlled state actually passes a voting law based on anything but lies made up to prevent people from voting. All they ever do is cheat to win, then accuse Democrats of cheating. It's the most transparent bullshit I've ever seen, how do you fall for it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT