ADVERTISEMENT

How large of gatherings will you be apart of this weekend?

BABiscuit

HR Legend
Jul 4, 2001
Going to any big parties or events? Will you be following CDC recommendations for social distancing and face coverings?

None. We normally have a good-sized family gathering at our lakehouse on Independence Day, but are not going to do it this year.

One of our neighbors at the lake will likely have a big party; they are hardcore "it's a hoax" believers.

None. Usually host a party of about 50, city fireworks fully visible from the backyard. Not this year.

Safely at home with my lovely wife.
giphy.gif

Just the wife and our kids. I can't see us going anywhere.

Maybe if they set off fireworks somewhere and we can watch from inside our car we might consider it.

We are going to Marathon for the weekend with a couple friends. Renting a boat one day, maybe some fishing from bridges. We are pretty good about keeping our distance from everyone.

Going to any big parties or events? Will you be following CDC recommendations for social distancing and face coverings?
hosting family. Will be 11 of us. 6 of us have been and are very careful. Wary of 5. We will mostly be outside so hopefully everything works out.

There will probably be 15 or 20 in a backyard in the neighborhood. We've had several of these since the weather got warmer. No masks, but we sit in spaced-out lawn chairs, drink cocktails, and chat.

12 family members coming over for some burgers and fireworks. plan on keeping everyone outside except for the bathroom.

Not much. Might go out and have a cocktail with a friend on a patio area establishment. Going out with kids to watch fireworks at a place where we can park on a gravel road.

We are headed to the Ozarks in the morning, but won't leave the house once we get down there. The frig is stocked, there is plenty of bourbon and tequila and we can swim and fish right off the dock. No hassles.

Going to see my parents for second time in 6 months.

I don't know if it is feasible, but we bought all the parents Echo Shows. My pops lives in California and i doubt we will be able to get out to see him, but at least he gets to see my daughter whenever he wants.

Me, the wife, the youngest son, two cats and the dog. My other son in the area may stop by with his son and partner at some point but we have no solid plans to do much of anything. Based on the miserable weather forecast, we'll be huddling inside with the AC on.

Reactions: unIowa
We typically have a party with just over 100 or so people and light off a bunch of fireworks. C19 is saving me around $3k in costs this summer, 4th of July parties can get expensive.

We also do a late summer wine night party where everyone brings a nice bottle of wine and we provide a dozen or so of some pretty good stuff you can't get in Iowa, looks like that will be a no go as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT