ADVERTISEMENT

How long before Colleges use the portal for trades?

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
I’m sure it’s happened already. Makes sense. All the coaches know each other one way or another. I can easily see players getting called in and hearing, “Hey Johnny, you’re number two at D End here on the depth chart but Tech State needs one now and they’re RB would fit better in our offense. You can play there immediately. You should do it.”

And same conversation happening from the other side. Tricky part is both have to jump in at same time so no one gets screwed.

I don't think that will happen at all, at least until college get rid of scholarships completely and just start giving players contracts. Right now, there is no reason for anyone to work with each other like that. Also, I'm sure there are still a dozen or so people in College Football that actually care about their degree as well.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I think it's going to happen.

College football is no longer college football. CF at one time was college kids that wanted to play football. Now it is football players that are forced to go to class. The players got their money - soon they won't be forced to go to class.

Then it will be just junior professional football.

I don't think that will happen at all, at least until college get rid of scholarships completely and just start giving players contracts. Right now, there is no reason for anyone to work with each other like that. Also, I'm sure there are still a dozen or so people in College Football that actually care about their degree as well.
Oh I could see it. A new coach comes in and has a bunch of players from last system that doesn’t fit his but can play somewhere else? That’s got opportunity written all over it.

Oh I could see it. A new coach comes in and has a bunch of players from last system that doesn’t fit his but can play somewhere else? That’s got opportunity written all over it.
Except he just tells those kids to take a hike and then goes and gets who he needs. No need to deal with other coaches.

Except he just tells those kids to take a hike and then goes and gets who he needs. No need to deal with other coaches.
You can only get who is in the portal. If you can get another coach to persuade someone you want to enter it, why wouldn’t you?

I think it's going to happen.

College football is no longer college football. CF at one time was college kids that wanted to play football. Now it is football players that are forced to go to class. The players got their money - soon they won't be forced to go to class.

Then it will be just junior professional football.

I've got some bad news for you, it's minor league football already.....and they've been getting paid for a long time

ADVERTISEMENT