ADVERTISEMENT

How long should a round of golf take?

How long should an 18-hole round of golf take?

• 3.5 hours

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 3.75 hours

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 4.0 hours

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • 4.25 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.5 hours

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Depends on the layout, number of golfers on the course & how many minutes between each tee time. Still shouldn’t take more than four hours though.

I play at Westwood here in Newton and how busy the course is decides how quickly you can play. One of my friends and I play often very early, We can finish 18 riding easily within 2 1/2 hours. Normal midday times usually 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
I play at Westwood here in Newton and how busy the course is decides how quickly you can play. One of my friends and I play often very early, We can finish 18 riding easily within 2 1/2 hours. Normal midday times usually 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
Holes 11 & 12 at Westwood have my number.

Reactions: Scott559
2 hours per 9 is the expectation I believe.

What pisses me off, is when a course stacks every tee time with 4 Randoms and then can't figure out why the course is backed up at 2pm everyday.

Join a club where the players typically are better and play with a sense of awareness instead of on public tracks where every terrible golfer can play and take all day doing so. Hate to say I’m a golf snob but I’m a golf snob.

I love a good 4 hour round. Most courses in the IC area have been about 4-4.25 range since our move here.

My best scores are when I'm not waiting around to hit my next shot. Start to get tight and that just means more time to drink.

I'm fine with a 4.25 or 4.5 round on the weekends if its busy and the weather is beautiful.

Reactions: sober_teacher
2 to 2 hours 15 minutes per 9 holes is an acceptable pace. 4 to 4.5 hours per 18 is what that calculates out to.

I walk 18 regularly and 4 to 4 hours 15 minutes is the norm.

One positive to waiting is you get to shop. I've had some great honey holes over the years. People too lazy to go find a ball 3 ft into the brush.

2 hours per 9 is the expectation I believe.

What pisses me off, is when a course stacks every tee time with 4 Randoms and then can't figure out why the course is backed up at 2pm everyday.
Always depends on how well the course spaces out the tee times, helps a ton to have a ranger out there to make sure groups aren’t screwing around.
I love a good 4 hour round. Most courses in the IC area have been about 4-4.25 range since our move here.

My best scores are when I'm not waiting around to hit my next shot. Start to get tight and that just means more time to drink.

I'm fine with a 4.25 or 4.5 round on the weekends if it’s busy and the weather is beautiful.
4 hr 15 min is usually considered the ideal for an 18 hole round; allowing for time at the turn to use the bathroom, get refreshments, etc.

A buddy and I on a Monday van fly through 18 holes. If it's a 4 person scramble one group can ruin the whole thing.

One of the hard things for me is not letting a slow group holding everyone up affecting game.

Join a club where the players typically are better and play with a sense of awareness instead of on public tracks where every terrible golfer can play and take all day doing so. Hate to say I’m a golf snob but I’m a golf snob.

Nothing wrong with that if you have the option, I live 5 minutes from the local muni and would have to drive roughly 30-45 minutes to be a “golf snob”. We usually venture out to surrounding courses every 2-3 weeks to break up the monotony of playing the same course.

4some? Single? 2some? 4.5 hours on the weekend is acceptable since the hacks are typically out.

I play as a sub in a league, the last time I played it took 3 hours and 15 minutes for 9 holes. I'm done with that ish. It is a social league, but your 4some should be able to get done faster than that.

4some? Single? 2some? 4.5 hours on the weekend is acceptable since the hacks are typically out.

I play as a sub in a league, the last time I played it took 3 hours and 15 minutes for 9 holes. I'm done with that ish. It is a social league, but your 4some should be able to get done faster than that.
3 hours+ for 9? Were people crawling down the fairways?

Yeah I tried the golf league thing at one time, 15 handicappers reading each putt like it was the Masters and then spending way too much time searching for their ProV1 they sliced into the woods kinda took all the fun out of it.

If it’s my wife asking, it take 5 hours. I like to finish a beer in the clubhouse without being asked when I’ll be home.

• Love
Reactions: Scott559
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT