ADVERTISEMENT

How many Hawk fans are quarantined to work at home?

This should have been set up as a poll.

Those of us in IL are currently under a 'Shelter In Place' directive. Pretty much everyone here is working from home unless you have a service providing job.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Started working from home today, though no mandatory quarantine. We are going to try to stay home for 2 weeks though, at least not going to stores etc. We will still go outside when weather cooperates, but no group activities unless it’s our family only.

My workplace was just informed we are an essential business and will not close if iowa issues a shelter in place ...we make and ship out "your subscription is about to end" junk mail.... totally essential. I cant hate because I can still rely on a check but I cant help but be befuddled on how tf we're essential.

My workplace was just informed we are an essential business and will not close if iowa issues a shelter in place ...we make and ship out "your subscription is about to end" junk mail.... totally essential. I cant hate because I can still rely on a check but I cant help but be befuddled on how tf we're essential.

So who is making the designations?

Okay, you all have to have like a list of a dozen different things you always said if I had the time to do it I would do these things. It is pay up time now. No escaping the wives now.

This should have been set up as a poll.

Those of us in IL are currently under a 'Shelter In Place' directive. Pretty much everyone here is working from home unless you have a service providing job.

The pot shops staying open or do they deliver in state?

I am but not because a Dr or employer told me to. My wife works in ER and might have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm going nuts but I'm not about to be a carrier.

Denver just declared full home quarantine starting Tuesday 3-24-20 at 5PM until 4-10-20. Wow, the town is going mad at the liquor stores, grocery stores and dispensaries!

Hard currency may have the virus on it.
AdobeStock_142548140-e1581706005440-750x500.jpeg

sounds like Coach is doing film study at home. What are the assistant coaches doing?

I'm retired but the wife is an O R Nurse. They are extremely germ conscience but she potentially brings home the virus every evening. I've also been taking my ill mother to clinics and hospitals lately. I think I'm a marked man. Tomorrow I've decided to go fishing with a good friend. We are driving separately though. I'll be glad when this is all over.

Reactions: HawkweyeinSATX
Corporate shut the office as of Wednesday. Loaded up my computer and manuals, set-up at home till future notice. I'm a structural engineer, so for me anyway it doesn't matter from where I work.
Biggest thing that sucked was trying to stock up on supplies for being home.....shelves literally wiped out of most things. Will have to get creative for meals.

Reactions: BBHawk
Company had us WFH through this week, but now extended through April 30th, unless things change. Saves me gas money and wear and tear on the vehicle. Plus, spend more time with the critters.

Reactions: BBHawk
The company I work for in DSM instructed employees in non customer-facing roles, to work from home.

This is my second week working remote. While I've worked remote in the past, it's been my choice and usually once a week or so.

I've been with my current company 23 years … but started this new job within the company about 1 month ago. So that part stinks as I am still "learning" the job and makes it a bit harder because at work it's easier to holler over the wall or wheel my chair down the aisle … Our two cats and two dogs are loving having me here … I am making it a point to do some simple workout routines throughout the day and walk the dogs at night … To keep my sanity … :D

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Am in my second week working from home, feeling cabin fever.

Cabbies must be having it rough. Walking back from the grocery store a little before 8 this morning there was very little vehicle or pedestrian traffic. I passed a bus stop where a young man was talking to a cab driver who had pulled over. "Three dollars," the cabbie said. "You don't even know where I'm going the young man said." I didn't hear the rest of it.

To answer the OP's original question, as of this moment, 1,783! I called all 330,000 alumni except you...you must have been blocking me!:rolleyes::D:p

I am a teacher so I am at home. I love my daughter to death but I am more exhausted chasing around one, one year old than dealing with 170 13 and 14 year olds and three hours of high school soccer after school.

We have been outside a few times but the weather hasn't been great. At least it will be 50 today!

Not quarantined, but told to work from home while people on my staff were asked to work. My company received a letter from the department of defense stating we are essential, then leadership decided which positions are essential to be in the office.
I think I know of about 50 people from my work in quarantine, with 1 for sure, maybe 2 testing positive.
Glad I was off last week!

Greetings from Columbus where we are in a Stay at home order, working from home sucks! Although, I am re-watching the 2019 season of Buckeye Football..lol Hope everyone in Hawkeye country is staying safe! See you guys in October...hopefully.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT