ADVERTISEMENT

How Many U.S. President Homes Have You Visited?

LuteHawk

HR Legend
Nov 30, 2011
Our family has toured Washington's home at Mt. Vernon, Jefferson's home at
Monticello, Madison's & Monroe's homes in Virginia. Jackson's home at the
Hermitage, Lincoln's home in Springfield, Illinois, Eisenhower's homes in Abilene
and Gettysburg, for a total of 8. The homes of Washington, Jefferson, Madison
and Jackson would qualify as mansions.

Washington and Jefferson. No interest really. What they did is more interesting than where they lived.

None.
I did deliver some things to that Hoover place in West Branch, but I don't think he ever lived there.

Presidential libraries - 4 (H.W. Bush, Clinton, Regan, Nixon). I was pretty young and disinterested when to Nixon and Regan.

Actual homes - H.W. Bush (Houston) and W. Bush's ranch (Crawford)

Grant's home and Reagan childhood home are both in Illinois
just eastward from the Quad Cities.

Hermitage and Mt. Vernon, that I'm aware of.

I have also visited the home of a king (Graceland).

My neighborhood is built on land that was once a farm in the Polk family. /CSB

Reactions: cigaretteman
When our family visited Graceland mansion of Elvis,
I was in awe of the building that housed all his cars.
His personal jet named Lisa Marie was outside and
available for a tour.

Haven't been to a presidential home, but did visit the Betsy Ross house in Philadelphia and - according to the tour guide - got to see what a woman's bedroom actually looks like.

Haven't been to a presidential home, but did visit the Betsy Ross house in Philadelphia and - according to the tour guide - got to see what a woman's bedroom actually looks like.
If you ever make it to Hartford, CT, you can visit Mark Twain's home (very interesting) and right next door is the former home of Harriett Beecher Stowe.

MARK_Hero-1.jpg

Twain

HarrietBeecherStoweHouse-Hartford.jpg

Stowe

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I haven't visited any Presidential homes either. Did go see the "Unsinkable Molly Brown" home in Denver when we lived there.

Washington
Jefferson
Madison
LBJ

I've seen Truman's Key West "Little White House" from the outside, but didn't go in.

Our family has toured Washington's home at Mt. Vernon, Jefferson's home at
Monticello, Madison's & Monroe's homes in Virginia. Jackson's home at the
Hermitage, Lincoln's home in Springfield, Illinois, Eisenhower's homes in Abilene
and Gettysburg, for a total of 8. The homes of Washington, Jefferson, Madison
and Jackson would qualify as mansions.

I like visiting these homes while traveling across the country. In addition to those homes listed above, I have visited Washington’s birthplace in Colonial Beach, Van Buren’s in Kinderhook, Lincoln’s birthplace in Hodgenville, Grant’s in Galena and St. Louis, Garfield’s in Mentor, Teddy Roosevelt’s birthplace in NYC, Taft’s in Cincinnati, Wilson’s birthplace in Staunton, Hoover’s in West Branch, FDR’s in Hyde Park and Warm Springs, Truman’s in Independence and Key West, LBJ’s ranch and his boyhood home in Johnson City, Nixon’s in Yorba Linda, Carter’s in Plains, Reagan’s birthplace in Tampico and boyhood home in Dixon.

Have also visited every presidential library from Hoover to George W. Bush. I don’t think Obama’s is open yet.

Reactions: LuteHawk
Hoover, Reagan (not far from Iowa border), Ford, Eisenhower, and Truman (Sort of. Drove by going to a Kansas City Comets game but it was closed).

ADVERTISEMENT