ADVERTISEMENT

How much do you drink (alcohol) on a daily basis?

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
1 or more every day afterwork? The bourbon thread got me wondering...

My husband would have a drink or 2 afterwork everyday if I didn't frown upon it. His family has a history of alcohol abuse. I grew up in a house where I could probably count on 2 hands the number of drinks my dad had at home. I think he had a problem early on and my mom told him to cut the sheet. Thats when we moved from New Hampshire (near his family of drunks) to Key West where my mother's family of non-drinkers lived.

My dad would have a beer after baling hay and a shot on New Year's Eve. I drank a little in high school. A little more in my 1st year of college and quite a bit from age 24-27. Then I got married and slowed down to almost nothing. I do like a cold beer on a hot day or after working out though.

Too much, too often. I use to be a have nothing for a week and get drunk on the weekend on lite beer then morphed to drinking a few craft beers or good liquor few nights during the week and then morphed into drinking more than that 4-5 times a week. I have recently cut back but it’s been tougher than I care to admit. Still, I’m no quitter.

A beer a day and sometimes a little pour of neat bourbon

I told my doctor that with the amount of bourbon I drink, I can afford the good stuff. She laughed, of course she knows that I don't overdo it.

As I get older, my tolerance is much lower than what is was when I was in my 40s and 50s.

Almost never on Mon-Wed; about the only exception would be holiday weekends or if the Bucs are playing on Monday night.
Every now & then I will havr a vouple of beers on Thursday night-maybe once every 4 to 6 weeks.
Friday & Saturday more than I should. Usually a few beers and a few shots of tequila on those days. Sunday varies greatly - half the time none, half the time as much or more than I typically have on Friday & Saturday

1 or more every day afterwork? The bourbon thread got me wondering...

My husband would have a drink or 2 afterwork everyday if I didn't frown upon it. His family has a history of alcohol abuse. I grew up in a house where I could probably count on 2 hands the number of drinks my dad had at home. I think he had a problem early on and my mom told him to cut the sheet. Thats when we moved from New Hampshire (near his family of drunks) to Key West where my mother's family of non-drinkers lived.
I try to take a few days off every week. Some weeks that’s harder than others.

Reactions: NoleATL
I would prefer not to offer an average, as there are 12 Saturdays a year over the last 6 years that would drive an average off the charts.

I may have a drink after work if it was one of those days, a whiskey or bourbon to wash away the day.
On the weekends I will sometimes have a few too many depending on who I play golf with, and where we play if the wife ( plenty of onlyfans pictures) and I decide to go out to dinner or have Sunday Funday and go to a baseball game or some event she found that has drinks.
I have found as I get older having too many is a 3-day pain party so limit going too far in excess

Last edited:
I have been sober for about 5 months and this thread is making me feel awful because I’m not seeing any heavy drinkers yet.
For what it's worth, before I got on my health kick I drank quite a bit. 4-5 days a week on average probably. But now 3 nights a week are spent at the gym, and I'm up at 5:45AM to go walk on the trail. So booze kinda hinders my ability to pull that off.

I try not to drink during the week. Not a big fan of alcohol honestly. Don’t mind it a bit, but my network seems to not have that in them. My life basically consists of people trying to force me to drink daily.

Try not to drink during the week. Not a big fan of alcohol honestly. Don’t mind it a bit, but my network seems to not have that in them. My life basically consists of people trying to force me to drink daily.

I'm just saying if you don't drink, you know, bad things might happen.

Have a drink most nights. With school, and coaching, and kids, and everything else it's just needed. Nothing like looking forward to a cold beer after a long day.

And like my dad always said, you can't trust somebody who doesn't drink.

I drink a couple beers every night. If it were not for one specific night after my wife told me she was pregnant I couldn't tell you the last time I got drunk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT