ADVERTISEMENT

How much do you owe Columbia House/BMG?

Funky Bunch

HR Legend
Mar 30, 2011
Last I heard from them 20 years ago they wanted about $50. They called and offered me I think 4 DVDs and I just had to buy 4 more lifetime. This wasn't small print stuff, it was verbal and I verified that it was my lifetime and signed up. Of course I had no way of proving this. I never bought any and a couple years later they said I didn't fulfill my agreement and I told them to eat me. Anyway I owe them about 50 bucks I guess.

Still some good deals out there.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Last I heard from them 20 years ago they wanted about $50. They called and offered me I think 4 DVDs and I just had to buy 4 more lifetime. This wasn't small print stuff, it was verbal and I verified that it was my lifetime and signed up. Of course I had no way of proving this. I never bought any and a couple years later they said I didn't fulfill my agreement and I told them to eat me. Anyway I owe them about 50 bucks I guess.

I don't know how you can sleep at night.

Click on the links and it says they stopped accepting new members in 2009.
Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

Lol. I remember taping a penny to a piece of paper for something like 10 CDs. Then paying full price for 1+shipping with no obligation to buy anymore.

Those were the days.

Can we discuss K-Tel records next?
Same here but mine were 8 tracks and I got 20 for a penny. I was 15 years old at the time and they sent me a new one every month. That went on for a year or so and they actually called our house over the nonpayment. My mother informed them that I was a minor child and the free 8 tracks stopped coming in the mail. Thanks a lot mom!

Under my name I don't owe them a thing :) Now 3 completely made up names I used when filling out their ads, those people may owe a few cassettes at regular price.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Wow there's this many people that never completed the transaction to actually buy one and nothing happened? Freshman year of college I did one of those deals with a DVD club doing the next generation of this. They turned me over to a collections agency over the 20 or 30 bucks I was supposed to spend on a DVD.

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk
Wow there's this many people that never completed the transaction to actually buy one and nothing happened? Freshman year of college I did one of those deals with a DVD club doing the next generation of this. They turned me over to a collections agency over the 20 or 30 bucks I was supposed to spend on a DVD.

Effing Girls Gone Wild… the jerks.

Columbia House totally missed my peers. We had Napster then Kazaa then Limewire plus our parents got PCs with CD burners in order of affluence basically. I was paying $3 for custom CD mixes in Jr High (F-a-b-o-l-o-u-s anyone?) and had my own CD burner in high school.

ADVERTISEMENT