ADVERTISEMENT

How NIL is effecting College Wrestling article

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010

This some glorified xanga or MySpace? Not sure posting that is worth the clicks it will now get.

This some glorified xanga or MySpace? Not sure posting that is worth the clicks it will now get.
You may be correct, not the greatest written or the most news to ever come down the pike, but just someones take with a few numbers thrown in. Some are assumed, but he states that Suriano received 100K!

Ironbird, why post this?? It's not journalism, just some guy doing his blog thing, spouting rumours and opinions.

The way it's being presented is that HWC is taking $200,000 out of their funds and giving it to Woods. We know that's not happening! Maybe HWC is helping put together a package from various donors and businesses, for an NIL deal that will be paid out over time, something like that?

As someone pointed out in the other thread, words and terms are being mis-used and are mis-leading. People are saying "Iowa" is giving Woods $$$, which gives the impression that the Iowa Hawkeye wrestling program is providing the money, when in reality it's Iowa boosters, donors and businesses ---- IF IN FACT that is what's happening. Rumours in traditional media or social media are pathetic and worthless - focus your mind on productive things in life. It's crap like this that is pushing me away from following this great sport!

Ironbird, why post this?? It's not journalism, just some guy doing his blog thing, spouting rumours and opinions.

The way it's being presented is that HWC is taking $200,000 out of their funds and giving it to Woods. We know that's not happening! Maybe HWC is helping put together a package from various donors and businesses, for an NIL deal that will be paid out over time, something like that?

As someone pointed out in the other thread, words and terms are being mis-used and are mis-leading. People are saying "Iowa" is giving Woods $$$, which gives the impression that the Iowa Hawkeye wrestling program is providing the money, when in reality it's Iowa boosters, donors and businesses ---- IF IN FACT that is what's happening. Rumours in traditional media or social media are pathetic and worthless - focus your mind on productive things in life. It's crap like this that is pushing me away from following this great sport!
This article is some guy writing unsubstantiated rumor down as fact.

I believe you are right, but this is what people are writing and what is going on right now. I said when this NIL crap was announced that it was a bad idea. Many argued about How kids should get paid, free market etc... While I agree a kid should be able to run a camp, sell shirts if he is that famous or whatever. The writing was on the wall as where this was going to go.

Numbers are being thrown around, rumors of all kinds about tampering, investigations, guys that could possible enter the portal and more. I mean it is crazy, just look at this past week. We get a kid, may lose a kid.... I just do not like it and I hope that somehow it works itself out but I am not seeing it!

I believe you are right, but this is what people are writing and what is going on right now. I said when this NIL crap was announced that it was a bad idea. Many argued about How kids should get paid, free market etc... While I agree a kid should be able to run a camp, sell shirts if he is that famous or whatever. The writing was on the wall as where this was going to go.

Numbers are being thrown around, rumors of all kinds about tampering, investigations, guys that could possible enter the portal and more. I mean it is crazy, just look at this past week. We get a kid, may lose a kid.... I just do not like it and I hope that somehow it works itself out but I am not seeing it!
How is this much different than before? You have been a huge voice for saying Carl is doing shady stuff like under the table deals. Essentially doing what this same blog website is doing. Well, now it’s at least out there and mildly easier to track when a kid has offers or things for sale. The rich / good teams in all sports will continue to get the kids they want, now just more in the open. kids at least can earn what their name commands.
Obviously telling a kid to enter the portal for money is bad. They should only be sent offers once they declare they are open to it via entering the portal.

Can you see the irony in you having a beef with unsubstantiated allegations being thrown around? Something is indeed crazy.

This article is some guy writing unsubstantiated rumor down as fact.
My thoughts exactly. Not a true journalistic piece. I'd be very interested to see a researched piece from a with sources and interviews, named or not, that pulled the cover back on the state of NIL deals. Have yet to see anything like that.

I looked into this guy who wrote it and he does seem to be a IOWA basher! It also seems like a lot of people are going after the HAWKS now with many alleged accusations. Things from recruiting to racism all BS. WE have the biggest and best fan base. WE should shut this down!

NOT saying stoop to their low-life level, just to maybe respond with questions about where the information is coming from. Reporting those who writing stuff with no proof etc....

I looked into this guy who wrote it and he does seem to be a IOWA basher! It also seems like a lot of people are going after the HAWKS now with many alleged accusations. Things from recruiting to racism all BS. WE have the biggest and best fan base. WE should shut this down!

NOT saying stoop to their low-life level, just to maybe respond with questions about where the information is coming from. Reporting those who writing stuff with no proof etc....
Linking their ‘article’ so they get clicks, which shows others how to get clicks? Might not be the best method to shut it down.

Ignorance-Is-Bliss-The-Matrix.gif

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Linking their ‘article’ so they get clicks, which shows others how to get clicks? Might not be the best method to shut it down.
Maybe, or you bring attention to this guy so everyone knows he is a jerk off!

Not sure if you already thought of it, but I'd highly suggest contacting the Compliance Department.
Hmmm, might be a good idea!?!?! What one you have in mind?
YES, hit these dummies!
literally no one knew that the guy existed until you started this thread.

Biden wants to know if you can organize the front in Ukraine.
Not knowing thee enemies and confronting them is WHY we have the war in Ukraine!
Exactly considering it isn't much.

Ask @Grip220. He can vouch I write better than that article and wouldn't misuse "effect" for "affect."
He said you suck or something to that affect!
Is IRONBIRD the Little Nikita of tHR?

One helluva deep deep cover.
Do not know who Nikita is, but I am as big as a HAWKS fan as you will find and defend them on ALL fronts!
That doesn't effect IRONBIRD. ;)
correct

Well, some could say that Ironbird has affected the mood around here.
Some of you have a poor mood regardless! Looking for some way to twist things around and start a pissing match online. Ridiculous really. Support the TEAM and the WRESTLERS, support the sport and do NOT let some 1/2 ass punks take what is ours which certainly appears to be what they are trying to do!
Vodka a good man and a good drink! Drink AMERICAN made, not that crappy russian sh*t!

Agree 100% !!!!! Like you and many others, when this was anounced I was certain that it would lead us down a bad path, and I think it's only going to get worse.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT