ADVERTISEMENT

How scary good is the AFC now, particularly the AFC West?

BlackNGoldBleeder

HR Legend
Jun 23, 2017
The AFC is clearly having another stellar offseason and we haven’t even gotten to the NFL Draft yet.

Let’s start with the now loaded AFC West. Look at the quarterbacks in this division: Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Justin Herbert, and Derek Carr. The addition of Davante Adams to the Raiders makes them even more potent on offense. The Chiefs really missed Sammy Watkins last season, and JuJu from the Steelers should really fill that void nicely. And with the huge upgrade KC made to their OL last year, Patrick Mahomes might have his best season in 2022.

How good will Buffalo be again this year? They have to be thrilled getting Von Miller. Is Deshaun Watson the missing piece for the Browns? I haven’t even mentioned last year’s AFC champion Bengals.

Man, the AFC is going to be crazy good next year. I can’t wait for football.

Last edited:
The AFC is clearly having another stellar offseason and we haven’t even gotten to the NFL Draft yet.

Let’s start with the now loaded AFC West. Look at the quarterbacks in this division: Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Justin Herbert, and Aaron Carr. The addition of Davante Adams to the Raiders makes them even more potent on offense. The Chiefs really missed Sammy Watkins last season, and JuJu from the Steelers should really fill that void nicely. And with the huge upgrade KC made to their OL last year, Patrick Mahomes might have his best season in 2022.

How good will Buffalo be again this year? They have to be thrilled getting Von Miller. Is Deshaun Watson the missing piece for the Browns? I haven’t even mentioned last year’s AFC champion Bengals.

Aaron Carr is good?

• Haha
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Derek Carr but I'm sure that was I intended. Anyway, for me (Vegas fan) the big story will be the Raider defense. Max Crosby on one side, that stud from Arizona on the other side(can't think of his name right now). They could potentially make the other 3 qbs in the conference look pedestrian. Crosby is that good and getting better.

• Haha
Derek Carr but I'm sure that was I intended. Anyway, for me (Vegas fan) the big story will be the Raider defense. Max Crosby on one side, that stud from Arizona on the other side(can't think of his name right now). They could potentially make the other 3 qbs in the conference look pedestrian. Crosby is that good and getting better.

As if eating raw catfish sushi wasn’t enough, you are a Raiders fan too. You disgust me.

• Love

Let’s start with the now loaded AFC West. Look at the quarterbacks in this division: Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Justin Herbert, and Aaron Carr. The addition of Davante Adams to the Raiders makes them even more potent on offense. The Chiefs really missed Sammy Watkins last season, and JuJu from the Steelers should really fill that void nicely. And with the huge upgrade KC made to their OL last year, Patrick Mahomes might have his best season in 2022.

I’ve always been a big 10/nfc/Midwest guy but it is impossible to not tip your hat to the AFC at the moment, the last 2 Super Bowls nothwithstanding.

Last edited:
Lol. My bad. No, it wasn’t intentional. Where did I get Aaron? I better fix my OP.

Reactions: DooBii
I, mean, NFC is on a 2 year streak. At the end of the day, the conference’s are pretty evenly matched and come playoff time anything can happen.

ADVERTISEMENT