ADVERTISEMENT

How security systems

Smalltownhawkfan 1

HR All-State
Dec 30, 2017
So our little town has had a rash of break ins lately so I’m thinking it’s time to buy a security system of some sort. What do you guys have and are you happy with it?

Motion activated turret up on the roof.

meh_09URCkzOt_7j09VJWRSlnbzZ3xvD9M3ljhHcgnuHHFSyk0w0PRn23zGszk77hAEuBJzB2i9cQ8O84vw7yfZ2oSkM8lfd4dl8P02nqRuGlHdVIWaKmSA

Number one universal suggestion to avoid breakins by nearly all experts is having lots of lights on the outside of the house.

I have Ring camera floodlights out front and out back that are motion activated.

Burglars look for easy entry, low hanging fruit like unlocked cars, garage entry doors, patio doors. So do a nightly lock up and double check of the cars, garage entry door, etc. EVERY night, no exceptions. Make it your job.

For home defense, Glock is a reliable choice for a semi-auto. I have one but I'm old school and prefer a revolver for "night stand" duty.

Reactions: artradley
The best way to avoid theft is lock everything all the time!! I have Arlo Pro cameras and like them. Very easy to install and use. They are wireless, so you have to make sure you have strong signal where you're placing cameras.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
A pro thief had a video: he said he went after the easiest targets ... he looked for houses with recessed doors But avoided houses with ADT signs. He avoided neighborhoods with “neighborhood watch” signs. That’s really all I remember about the video.

Oh yes and not a bad idea to leave a random light on in the house or keep the TV or radio on and loud while you aren’t home. Motion lights at night.

My first suggestion is to always keep your garage door shut. Even during the day. Thief's usually will scope out what you have in the garage during the day and come back at night. I'm astounded by how many people leave their garage doors even at night. That is like when your DI will have you doing pushups until you're blue in the face because you left your footlocker unlocked. You are inviting your stuff to being stolen.

The correct answer to your question OP is this:

images

Reactions: Smalltownhawkfan 1
ADVERTISEMENT