ADVERTISEMENT

How to blow $70 million while other people struggle to eat.

Aegon_Targaryen

HR All-American
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2014
The 41-year-old who blew a $70 million fortune on exotic cars, Gulfstream jets, jewelry, real estate and piles of cocaine valued his debt at nearly $4.4 million and his remaining personal assets at $3,600, the filing obtained by the Daily News stated.
Storch's troubles snowballed when the fortune he made off a dozen Billboard Hot 100 hits in the early 2000s subsidized a cocaine-fueled party lifestyle that quickly went off the rails.
storch25f-1-web.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-bankruptcy-100-cash-report-article-1.2269224

I've always wondered why celebrities weren't held as accountable as corporate execs for their cavalier use of money. Think of all the good he could have done with it, had he invested into things that could help people rather than waste it on partying.....

There's something you don't see every day. A rocker that blew a lot of money on drugs and an extravagant lifestyle.

Reactions: Wahawk56
Storch blamed his downward spiral on a “combination of women and drugs” during a 2013 interview with Vlad TV.

That combo has taken down a great many of men.

I've always wondered why celebrities weren't held as accountable as corporate execs for their cavalier use of money. Think of all the good he could have done with it, had he invested into things that could help people rather than waste it on partying.....
How is this guy being treated better than a CEO? CEOs like carly fiorina lost a lot more than 70 million yet she got a $40 million bonus to leave.

Is the "resident libertarian" complaining about someone doing "libertarian" things...while concerned about those who are less fortunate?

Reactions: naturalmwa
Is the "resident libertarian" complaining about someone doing "libertarian" things...while concerned about those who are less fortunate?
You would see it like that wouldn't you? Since when are libertarians not concerned about people? Because we believe in personal responsibility, we do not care because of that?

Your line of thinking is insane. Someday you'll grown up and quit being foolish.

How is this guy being treated better than a CEO? CEOs like carly fiorina lost a lot more than 70 million yet she got a $40 million bonus to leave.
Question doesn't make sense Natural. Try again, and try to have a point. Who said he's being TREATED like a CEO?

I don't care what he does with his money as long as I don't have to take care of him when it's gone.

Reactions: Rhino3382
You did, I even quoted it for you. I do agree your point made zero sense.
Aha, you're missing my point. You're very single-minded. Why are we so angry at the corporate types when the non-corporate 1%, spend their money just as badly and waste it just as much? That was the point.

A free mind would have known that. Your mind isn't free.

Aha, you're missing my point. You're very single-minded. Why are we so angry at the corporate types when the non-corporate 1%, spend their money just as badly and waste it just as much? That was the point.

A free mind would have known that. Your mind isn't free.
You know what they say, free stuff is worthless.

The guy put 70 mil back into the economy. Trickle down economics at its finest. It's not the cons fault he chose to invest the majority of it into Hookers and Blow. At the very least ,the hookers, mid level dealers, and greasy exotic car dealers had a little extra scratch to go blow at IKEA.

Reactions: unIowa
The 41-year-old who blew a $70 million fortune on exotic cars, Gulfstream jets, jewelry, real estate and piles of cocaine valued his debt at nearly $4.4 million and his remaining personal assets at $3,600, the filing obtained by the Daily News stated.
Storch's troubles snowballed when the fortune he made off a dozen Billboard Hot 100 hits in the early 2000s subsidized a cocaine-fueled party lifestyle that quickly went off the rails.
storch25f-1-web.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-bankruptcy-100-cash-report-article-1.2269224

He's an idiot (like most of his ilk)....but who's not eating because of it?

This is America. If you don't eat, it's your own fault.

That seems false, there's a lot we do already.

There are a number of options from the private sector. People should give to charities and churches of their choice. And they do--having the means to do so is one of the inherent advantages of a free enterprise based capitalist system. But the OP's implication that the guy who blew a fortune somehow cheated people who "struggle to eat" is false.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT