ADVERTISEMENT

How to listen to the Hawks

wyldhawk9

HB MVP
Dec 27, 2004
Columbus, OH
sorry if this is been posted somewhere else. I want to listen to the Hawks on the radio while I'm at the stadium. Can someone please forward a link to where I can do this? I tried like crazy to do this for the Pitt game and was unsuccessful. I could not even find a single radio broadcast available online.

if you have a radio that goes down to 87.5, it used to be you could listen to the stadium feed, where you hear much of what's talked about between dolph/ed during commercial breaks. I'm not sure this is still the case as I've not done it in several years.

It you have an internet connected device, the tunein app is an ok option, but it won't be synced exactly with the game you're seeing in front of you, so it's not perfect. (search "learfield Iowa" and click to the hawkeye radio network).

800am, 600am, and 1040am should all work, right?

if you have a radio that goes down to 87.5, it used to be you could listen to the stadium feed, where you hear much of what's talked about between dolph/ed during commercial breaks. I'm not sure this is still the case as I've not done it in several years.

It you have an internet connected device, the tunein app is an ok option, but it won't be synced exactly with the game you're seeing in front of you, so it's not perfect. (search "learfield Iowa" and click to the hawkeye radio network).

800am, 600am, and 1040am should all work, right?

Thanks for this info. I'm not in the state of Iowa, in Ohio actually. I had tried unsuccessfully using the I heart radio app, so I'll give this one a try.

Tune in for FIVE PLUS HOURS, from one hour before kick off (10:00 am CST) until at least 3:30 pm CST!! Listen to the PREgame show, the game, and the POSTgame show ONE of TWO WAYS:

(1) Listen to every IOWA game with the free @ tunein radio app; Click on this link SHORTLY BEFORE 10:00 am to listen on your computer or other device: http://tunein.com/radio/Iowa-Hawkeyes-Sports-Network-powered-by-Learfield-Sports-s231143/

(2) If you have to hit the road, can’t find a station, the radio fades out, no reception in the office and/or you do not want to eat up your smart phone data plan – just dial up the Hawks and listen!

Simply Dial this Number: 712-775-7031
When prompted, enter this Conference Code: 219 420#
***When the person starts talking about this service, immediately hit 1 and you will be immediately directed to the radio broadcast.***
- This is a FREE service for 5 years and counting – all basketball games this year too!

Tune in for FIVE PLUS HOURS, from one hour before kick off (10:00 am CST) until at least 3:30 pm CST!! Listen to the PREgame show, the game, and the POSTgame show ONE of TWO WAYS:

(1) Listen to every IOWA game with the free @ tunein radio app; Click on this link SHORTLY BEFORE 10:00 am to listen on your computer or other device: http://tunein.com/radio/Iowa-Hawkeyes-Sports-Network-powered-by-Learfield-Sports-s231143/

(2) If you have to hit the road, can’t find a station, the radio fades out, no reception in the office and/or you do not want to eat up your smart phone data plan – just dial up the Hawks and listen!

***When the person starts talking about this service, immediately hit 1 and you will be immediately directed to the radio broadcast.***
- This is a FREE service for 5 years and counting – all basketball games this year too!
I've used the conference call number as well, it works.

Thanks for this info. I'm not in the state of Iowa, in Ohio actually. I had tried unsuccessfully using the I heart radio app, so I'll give this one a try.
iheart has to black out games. The Hawkeye Radio Network by Learfield on Tunein is official, licensed, legit, sanctioned, etc. and it will work as long as you have a reliable connection.

OnceAhawk, this is fantastic. I'm saving this info as I know I'll be using either of these options in the future.
GO HAWKS!

Most of the time like this...
Symptoms-of-Anxiety-Disorder.jpg
anxiety_2626540b.jpg

tumblr_m2lv5c2QYr1rry5evo1_500.gif

Reactions: fredjr82
If you have an Android phone, most likely it also works as an FM radio (a headphone set needs to be plugged in to serve as the antenna). No wi-fi or cellular network connection is needed. 100.7 The Fox picked up the Iowa game broadcast this year. I don't believe iPhone works as an FM radio, though.

If you have an Android phone, most likely it also works as an FM radio (a headphone set needs to be plugged in to serve as the antenna). No wi-fi or cellular network connection is needed. 100.7 The Fox picked up the Iowa game broadcast this year. I don't believe iPhone works as an FM radio, though.
is it an app on the android that does that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT