ADVERTISEMENT

How Tracy and Jones do at Purdue..

He's NEVER started a game IN his third year. That seems obvious. The discussion was about the success of QB's in their THIRD year as starter, and he's NEVER played a game in his THIRD year. That clear enough.....
Who said he did? We're talking about on field product. This is the worst 3rd year starter, based on performance, we've seen seen in recent memory. That clear enough....

Is going to be very interesting and telling. I have a feeling Kirk and Brian might be a little nervous. We already know Jones is a great return guy but if he blows up as a receiver and Tracy also does well, it's going to be more proof of iowa's offensive ineptness

🤔
Different styles of offense. If we have a lot more rushing yards and better record what the hell does it mean that these two got better yards at Purdue?

• Haha
Reactions: Kurt Warner
Although we may never know, I would be really curious to hear the thoughts from current Iowa players about the Tracy and Jones transfers. If I had to guess, most would have no issues with the Tracy transfer, but would take exception to the Jones transfer due to the timing. Based on when it happened, it feels like Jones quit on his teammates to personally benefit himself.
Jones probably got passed up by younger guys. So his time was not going to greatly increase.

• Haha
Is going to be very interesting and telling. I have a feeling Kirk and Brian might be a little nervous. We already know Jones is a great return guy but if he blows up as a receiver and Tracy also does well, it's going to be more proof of iowa's offensive ineptness

🤔
If they don’t work out well there will you publicly kneel and kiss Brian’s a** cheek?

• Wow
In Brohm's offense anyone can go off. Our #4 WR Terry Wright in 2018 against you guys had 3 TDs and 146 yds. That's why this offense is loved by WRs and I'm sure Jones is hoping he can at least double his production from last year.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Jones put up 700 yds and 7 Tds at least
As a group, the college WRs who had between 700-799 yards last year averaged slightly more than 54 receptions on the season. That would be 4-5 catches per game which would probably require at least 6-7 targets per game.

Jones seems more likely to get those targets at Purdue than Iowa for a few reasons, but whether he is a good enough WR that he should, I don't know. Still, Iowa's loss is Purdue's gain.

Who said he did? We're talking about on field product. This is the worst 3rd year starter, based on performance, we've seen seen in recent memory. That clear enough....
I'll try to type this slower so you can follow. One of the original posts was about how a THIRD year QB performed "In his THIRD year as a starter". You made comments about SP. He is CURRENTLY a TWO year starter, and NEXT season will be his THIRD year, so he is to this point NOT a third year starter so how can you be evaluating his performance as a three year starter. That really can't be any simpler to understand.... :rolleyes:

I'll try to type this slower so you can follow. One of the original posts was about how a THIRD year QB performed "In his THIRD year as a starter". You made comments about SP. He is CURRENTLY a TWO year starter, and NEXT season will be his THIRD year, so he is to this point NOT a third year starter so how can you be evaluating his performance as a three year starter. That really can't be any simpler to understand.... :rolleyes:
If you're going to argue semantics, at least be sure of what you're reading. No one is evaluating his 3rd year. We're evaluating his previous 2 years as indicators for the 3rd.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
The Purdue scheme is absolutely more WR friendly than Iowa and both will get targets but Iowa will also have at minimum a top 3 defense in the B10 and our guys know exactly what both bring to the table. I can guarantee they aren’t scared.

GO HAWKS
Yeah, Iowa knows it every year and gets toasted with the WRs having massive games.

It just makes you look dumb. The head coach is 100% responsible for the anemic offense. The head coach has nothing to do with the stellar play of the defense and special teams.
Capt. Kirk IS 100% responsible for the offensive Offense.
It is entirely possible that even Junior would at least change something up if his hands weren't tied.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT