ADVERTISEMENT

How Trump Can Get Lefties to Vote for His Wall

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Two things:

1. Address the environmental concerns. Animal migration being a big thing that a wall would disrupt. But that can be solved.

2. Put solar panels along the entire length of the wall. It's a good idea anyway, since it could power surveillance cameras, crossing guard stations, and other things, and might even help out nearby towns. Yes, yes, have the batteries or whatever, too, to have juice at night. Alternatively (or in addition) perhaps integrate the occasional wind turbine.

It's not that lefties would like the wall any more, but they'd probably be willing to make that compromise.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I'd be willing to pay for a wall once we fix our broken and inequitable asylum and immigration system. People should be allowed to come here to work if they want and should be granted asylum if fleeing a war we had a hand in starting. If we fix those systems so that people don't have to run through the desert to get here but know they'll be treated fairly at proper border crossings and those cases will be handled fast, then if republicans still demand a wall for security purposes so be it.

Two things:

1. Address the environmental concerns. Animal migration being a big thing that a wall would disrupt. But that can be solved.

2. Put solar panels along the entire length of the wall. It's a good idea anyway, since it could power surveillance cameras, crossing guard stations, and other things, and might even help out nearby towns. Yes, yes, have the batteries or whatever, too, to have juice at night. Alternatively (or in addition) perhaps integrate the occasional wind turbine.

It's not that lefties would like the wall any more, but they'd probably be willing to make that compromise.

Land animal migration is a concern of mine. Obviously, birds and butterflies can get over the wall but I assume land animals would be zooed (not a word I know) in.

I'd be willing to pay for a wall once we fix our broken and inequitable asylum and immigration system. People should be allowed to come here to work if they want and should be granted asylum if fleeing a war we had a hand in starting. If we fix those systems so that people don't have to run through the desert to get here but know they'll be treated fairly at proper border crossings and those cases will be handled fast, then if republicans still demand a wall for security purposes so be it.
Yes. This is where we should be putting most of our energy and money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT