ADVERTISEMENT

How would you rate your political views on a scale from 1(Left)-10(Right)?

Social issues a 1. Fiscal issues more like a 4. It would be helpful to have more of a control on the scale. For instance, where is Trump and Hillary?

Good question.

Hillary I would put at a 3, for the purpose of this question. Trump no one really knows because he doesn't know the issues and changes his mind constantly, but for this poll, I'd put him at an 8.

I am probably more conservative than is Ted Cruz ... so I am not sure how to respond.

Cruz seems to think certain government involvement in peoples' lives is OK as long as it relates to moral and religious issues.

I take a more hard line approach, insisting that personal preferences in the areas of drinking, drugging, fornicating, marrying, trump anything that government can devise as substitute behavior.

I would suggest that you move Ted Cruz down the scale a bit since he is somewhat more of a big government guy on these issues than many of us more hardline conservatives. We need some room on the scale for ourselves.

6.5, hell I don't know.

I can't stand handouts. They are necessary at times but need to be more of a short-term solution. Hell yes drug test those on welfare.

I'm actually for abortion as it cuts down on trash of all color. I wish guys and girls were smarter with their peckers and clams so it wouldn't come to that because abortion is pretty messed up.

I'm for gun rights. I believe the more guns we can put in responsible hands the better. However, waiting a few more days to buy something is fine, need to make sure crazies don't get armed.

The environment is important to me. I have no clue if global warming is real, none of us do. But pollution is pollution so let's try to cut down on it.

For the most part I'm fine with gays. I'm 39, let's be honest here, growing up in small town Iowa most people were somewhat homophobic. My opinion has changed in the last let's say 5 years. I asked myself, "what if my son was gay?" It changed a lot of things. I still don't like the ones that flaunt it like crazy though. Dancing around in a thong during a parade isn't acceptable. You want to be treated normal then act normal.

Government spending is ridiculous as well. We need to spend money on the United States before other countries. I have no problem on our military budget but I don't like being the world's police officer either.

I will NOT vote for Hillary but I'm not a fan of Trump either. Yep, that's my life in a nutshell.

You're just part of the problem. Such effort to completely undermine and insult your fellow Americans. You're just a waste Mitch. Hate, hate, hate is all you have.
I don't HATE anyone, but I do enjoy poking fun at the Trump legion and their ilk. You, on the other hand, seem to think of yourself as some sort of brainiac, superior thinker who believes they have all the answers. I doubt you have many friends because your arrogance must be a big turnoff for those around you.

Reactions: BrianNole09
I don't HATE anyone, but I do enjoy poking fun at the Trump legion and their ilk. You, on the other hand, seem to think of yourself as some sort of brainiac, superior thinker who believes they have all the answers. I doubt you have many friends because your arrogance must be a big turnoff for those around you.
No, actually I like many reasonable people have quite a few friends because I'm not a blabbering, stick to someone else's argument waste of political air.
It's not arrogant to actually know the facts. Carry on though, you'll grow up someday. Keep letting left wing division speak fuel your hatred.

Good question.

Hillary I would put at a 3, for the purpose of this question. Trump no one really knows because he doesn't know the issues and changes his mind constantly, but for this poll, I'd put him at an 8.

Do you think @NoleSoup4U will be pissed that you stole his thread idea?

I'm a 3

Reactions: BrianNole09
II like Sander's a lot. Some things like campaign reform I'm to his left. Some like free college and minimum wage I'm nominally to his right. But I think he would have generally represented my views well. I struggle to think of any issue where we are pointed in opposite directions. We just may emphasize different goals.

You're going to need to be more detailed for the Trump supporters on this forum because most of them never got beyond third grade and likely can't count!

I'll try and help... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10.

Ok, righties, pick a number.
Blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat. Where do blacks, as a whole, rank on education?

You must be joking. Book banning is almost exclusively for reasons brought by the right.
Actually, I think the most-banned book in American schools is "Huckleberry Finn," and it's because liberals don't want to expose kids to the n-word.

Moreover, banning books is a step below what the libs do, which is ban (and persecute) the people who write the books. You don't see conservative students running liberal speakers off the stage or hitting them with cream pies. You don't see liberals banned from speaking on college campuses.

Actually, I think the most-banned book in American schools is "Huckleberry Finn," and it's because liberals don't want to expose kids to the n-word.

Moreover, banning books is a step below what the libs do, which is ban (and persecute) the people who write the books. You don't see conservative students running liberal speakers off the stage or hitting them with cream pies. You don't see liberals banned from speaking on college campuses.
Most books are banned for sex or drugs and its liberal groups that fight to keep them available. Cons have nothing to be proud of on this topic.

Again though, it all comes down to specific issues. Keep in mind, a man like Bernie that wants to protect gun owners' rights would be viewed as a 10 if his name were "Mr Parser" for instance.
Ha!

He's about a 5 or 6 on guns, which is one of his most conservative issues. Too conservative for a lot of Dems - and an issue the Hillary camp did their best to beat him up on.

Personally I don't consider guns to be that important an issue. More important than whether a possible First Lady plagiarized, but not too important. Which is to say I'm OK with Bernie on guns.

He's also pretty conservative about Israel-Palestine. Too neocon for me on that point, but too lefty for a lot of Dems. It's a demerit, but I can live with it.

I can't think of any other issue where he's a conservative, but maybe I'm missing something.

ADVERTISEMENT