ADVERTISEMENT

How you can tell Charles Grassley is running for reelection

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Good 'Ol Chuck has slapped on his John Deere hat, and pulled on his work boots in the US Senate. He's teaming with one of the most liberal Democrats, Chuck Schumer, in order to subsidize rural health care systems. Always the lion against fuzzy headed academics, or the DoD wasting taxpayers money, there is no corner of Iowa that won't receive federal largesse from Grassley in the following year.
http://www.grassley.senate.gov/news...l-extend-key-medicare-rural-hospital-programs

Good 'Ol Chuck has slapped on his John Deere hat, and pulled on his work boots in the US Senate. He's teaming with one of the most liberal Democrats, Chuck Schumer, in order to subsidize rural health care systems. Always the lion against fuzzy headed academics, or the DoD wasting taxpayers money, there is no corner of Iowa that won't receive federal largesse from Grassley in the following year.
http://www.grassley.senate.gov/news...l-extend-key-medicare-rural-hospital-programs
One of the things I appreciate about Senator Grassley is that he is a very authentic public servant. He does not, as you suggest, put on faux personalities to win elections. Hillary might try and speak with a bad black dialect but that's not Grassley.

One of the things I appreciate about Senator Grassley is that he is a very authentic public servant. He does not, as you suggest, put on faux personalities to win elections. Hillary might try and speak with a bad black dialect but that's not Grassley.
Chuck is a friggin' liar who goes to any (and all) ends to make "his" point. He is a hard working US Senator.......but that is the only trait he might possess to make him different from the other 99. He is as effective a non-player as a non-player can be in DC. He will accomplish little and like his cousin Teflon Terry, he will be remembered as the lifelong Iowa politician who made his bones despising and attacking lifelong politicians.
My greatest fear in life is after I pass and enter the gates of heaven, I will have to answer my dads when he asks me "Why did you ever vote for Grassley?" I will have no answer. In retrospect, it is the most ashamed vote I have ever made in my life.

Research his performance around the ACA. He went from supporting it to it will kill grandma overnight.

Grassley's greatest achievement is conning people into thinking he's a common farmer who spends a few months a year in DC imparting good old common sense upon the wonks. He lives there full time, gets chauffeured around, and loves the power and trappings of being in the Senate. His ass sees a tractor seat once every six years when he needs to film campaign commercials.
He railed against the ACA, but is willing to pump money into dying rural areas. Just when is health care a necessary civic goal to Chuck?

Reactions: Irl Tubbs
Grassley's greatest achievement is conning people into thinking he's a common farmer who spends a few months a year in DC imparting good old common sense upon the wonks. He lives there full time, gets chauffeured around, and loves the power and trappings of being in the Senate. His ass sees a tractor seat once every six years when he needs to film campaign commercials.
He railed against the ACA, but is willing to pump money into dying rural areas. Just when is health care a necessary civic goal to Chuck?

I lived near him as a kid. He was always around and drove the biggest pos van you've ever seen. But hey, don't let that stop you from your usual bs.

I lived near him as a kid. He was always around and drove the biggest pos van you've ever seen. But hey, don't let that stop you from your usual bs.
Its amusing how cons get fooled when a rich guy drives an old vehicle.

Charles Grassley is a soft-spoken politician who has mastered
the art of staying in office as an Iowa Senator. His public persona
is one of an Ah-Shucks, Farm Boy who loves America. His
private demeanor is one of lets make a deal so I bring home some
pork projects to Iowa.

Bottom Line: Charles will spend the rest of his life in the
U.S. Senate and die with his boots on.

I'm the fool because I've actually witnessed part of his life in person for several years? What does that make you then?
You enjoy funding his full pension, then. He is as DC as DC comes. I've met him twice (Years ago), and even voted for him twice. If you can find a picture of him driving an old POS van these days without a camera crew filming a tv commercial please enlighten us with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT