ADVERTISEMENT

HROT for me over the Years

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
Montrose
Since it appears HROT and HR in general may be going away as we knew it, I figured I would do my homage to HR and HROT.

I started here during the great 2002 football season. There was no social media then, only forums like this. I was married with 2 young kids and I was just 2 years into my career. Now I am a divorced empty nester with 4 kids.

Now here we are 20 years later. I have come and gone over the years, been banned for a bit. Many of you know my trolling ways. I don't have the fire to do that stuff for the most part anymore. I almost died 3 years ago and it changed my perspective a bit.

I can remember the HALO schism in 2005, the USF Board migration, the coming of the FSU guys. Its been interesting.

There are still a few of the old timers around.

I will see what is here after January 1st. Nothing lasts forever. If this is the end, I want to wish everyone well. I hope you all find joy in your lives.

Captain Kirk Drinking GIF by Star Trek

Since it appears HROT and HR in general may be going away as we knew it, I figured I would do my homage to HR and HROT.

I started here during the great 2002 football season. There was no social media then, only forums like this. I was married with 2 young kids and I was just 2 years into my career. Now I am a divorced empty nester with 4 kids.

Now here we are 20 years later. I have come and gone over the years, been banned for a bit. Many of you know my trolling ways. I don't have the fire to do that stuff for the most part anymore. I almost died 3 years ago and it changed my perspective a bit.

I can remember the HALO schism in 2005, the USF Board migration, the coming of the FSU guys. Its been interesting.

I will see what is here after January 1st. Nothing lasts forever. If this is the end, I want to wish everyone well. I hope you all find joy in your lives.

You're a cool dude. One of the MANY on here I would meet for drinks. But it ain't going anywhere buddy. And if it did, I'd start my own forum called HORT. This place kind of keeps me sane.

Last edited:

I joined Rivals in 2002, too. Has it really been that long?

What did you do?

I hardly remember the Miller days. I just remember one day he was gone. I feel like I am a pretty non-confrontational poster so I have not been in trouble.
I'm not sure...got into an argument with him about something. Next thing I knew I was banned...

Not sure what for...

I feel like I am a pretty non-confrontational poster so I have not been in trouble.
I'm a douche but I've never really done the personal attack thing. Made the mistake of poking the John Miller bear and paid the price apparently.

1999 for me. I remember accessing Hawkeye Report from a "new" Linux-run computer at my newish job at the Rock Island Argus. Now, both the computer and the paper are dead relics of the past, but Torbee chugs on!

Wasn't there a Hawk Talk or something way back when? All black background, no password protection? That's the first Hawkeye message board I ran into. (never posted)
Sounds familiar. Want there a Josh Clark or something like that running it? He seemed like a whiny douchebag too if I remember right

Sounds familiar. Want there a Josh Clark or something like that running it? He seemed like a whiny douchebag too if I remember right
Josh started the Hawk's Nest. Jon Miller was supposed to be running it too, but the two had a falling out or something.

Josh started the Hawk's Nest. Jon Miller was supposed to be running it too, but the two had a falling out or something.

I think Clark was there at the beginning, but CRhawkeye ran the site. Clark went over to... what, SuperHawkeye? Which preceded HawkeyeReport?

Yup. I was a paying member to WhoreChant for more than 10 years until it went to crap, but was already spending more time on the Gator site anyway. Was happy to have found refuge here on HROT.

EDIT: Also, the fact they tolerate us having a game-day thread each week during football season says a lot and its greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
The Hawk's Nest was a great site for years with a lot of posters. One I remember best was Chicagohawk, who said he was moving to Viet Nam if GWB won the election. Sure enough both happened and the last I heard he was teaching English as a Second Language in Viet Nam.

The Hawk's Nest was a great site for years with a lot of posters. One I remember best was Chicagohawk, who said he was moving to Viet Nam if GWB won the election. Sure enough both happened and the last I heard he was teaching English as a Second Language in Viet Nam.
Mad respect for someone that follows through like that.

Still waiting for @Jimmy McGill to take his gun to Ukraine :p ;)

Reactions: win4jj
I have no clue what any of you are talking about, in regards to forum changes. I do know the people make the forum.

And that applies to college football recruiting content. One great content contributor can make a site. God bless you Todd Worly.

I just appreciate the Iowa community and love being apart of it when I can. I have seen the names for a while now, and appreciate most of you, especially Millah.

JR keep it real, I always like seeing you around here.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Mulvaspills 54 snd State College Man were a couple of the many classics through the years. We still catch a “Girlfriend in Greeley” and “grandparents buying a freezer” reference here and there too. Then there was the one thread where a poster conned a woman into sending noods and posted a play by play and if memory serves linked them from a 3rd party site? Lots of great times here. Is Steven Patrick and his delicious Seattle sweet corn still around?

ADVERTISEMENT