ADVERTISEMENT

HROT for me over the Years

Wow. As another who has been around since the dawn of time (aka Big Ten Fan Forums), this thread is a real walk down memory lane. Ol' Doodle still recalls the epic implosion of the BTFF that ultimately resulted in the various offshoots including our humble home here and others mentioned herein. Crazy to think of how long it's been and how fast it has gone by.
I’ve always respected how you refer to yourself in the first person, without fail. That takes dedication.

I started lurking in 01 on SuperHawkeye when I heard Iowa and Kansas State were battling for a fullback recruit. I don’t remember the players name but he ended up at Kansas State. CSB
OMG. This post was like listening to some song you'd forgotten about from 1986 and for an instant getting transported back. Why do we remember completely dumb/worthless stuff like the Ayo Saba wars? I can remember the chant at the basketball game he went to on his recruiting trip during the CHA sold-out Alford mania period.

Last edited:
Stumbled across this thread after the GIA news today. Peak HROT was something like 2008-2012. For how much time I spent here, it's crazy how little I remember. Mostly the people. And late night after dark threads back when I wasn't sleeping. Also that time @Hawk_Biz / @yiana and I were at the Utah–Iowa State game and we tried to meet up with @Morrison71. Is any of that crew still around here?

• Haha
Reactions: FranMcNepotism
Been here since 2005 but mostly lurked. So many good memories. The GDR stuff was funny until it got old. StevenPatrick (who I saw like a post earlier in this thread!) was a great troll…everyone thought it was Torbee but I’ve always maintained that it was Legend12. NPRLover, Derrick, GrantWood, OIT, The HALO schism was unfortunate but probably necessary. HawkMeetsWorld thought he was cool sh** for starting the “post a pic of yourself” thread. Loogey going nuts over some milf at church, the girl in volleyball class, Lois, Soybean’s coin on the fence post or whatever it was, New Orleans bachelor party.

There was a group in DSM meeting up for lunch every now and then…I almost considered showing up once, just to see how fat and ugly everyone actually is.

Edit: The Game with Erin Andrews and then the photoshop! Or the M1/M2 debate.
Who was the poster that used to claim he was banging another poster’s wife? He wasn’t joking either but whether it was true or not Idk. I always assumed he was banging my x since everyone else was.

I believe he passed away.
somebody posted an obit a few yrs ago, I think he did legit pass away

I used to really like this place. and Think it was good enough to post here 100K times.

I thought it went downhill like 2-3 yrs ago. So i quit posting. I may give this new place a try for a while.

Been here since 2005 but mostly lurked. So many good memories. The GDR stuff was funny until it got old. StevenPatrick (who I saw like a post earlier in this thread!) was a great troll…everyone thought it was Torbee but I’ve always maintained that it was Legend12. NPRLover, Derrick, GrantWood, OIT, The HALO schism was unfortunate but probably necessary. HawkMeetsWorld thought he was cool sh** for starting the “post a pic of yourself” thread. Loogey going nuts over some milf at church, the girl in volleyball class, Lois, Soybean’s coin on the fence post or whatever it was, New Orleans bachelor party.

There was a group in DSM meeting up for lunch every now and then…I almost considered showing up once, just to see how fat and ugly everyone actually is.

Edit: The Game with Erin Andrews and then the photoshop! Or the M1/M2 debate.
A lot of times I was accused of being stevenpatrick. One time I went home to a penn st game at IC and went to Des Moines like on Friday and met up with some of the posters here on hrot. I think it was like penn st 2012 or so but I cannot recall. anyway, torbee was supposed to meet stevenpatrick there at the game so theoretically me and torbee and stevenpatrick could have met up and proven we were three different people. but we did not. I was asking the posters if I should go along with steven patrick deal and they said no. just fake it to make people think twice. but we all decided no. torbee swears steven is real. I dunno for sure

Reactions: UNIHawkfan
That’s too bad
I used to talk with him now and then thru email or messages . he was an ok guy. he got crap on here a lot.

if I recall he got a dwi or something or other and quit drinking for a while and maybe got back on the wagon or something. he used to say he was drunk posting or something. I think he used to use it as an excuse for posting wild and incoherent stuff.
i have drunk posted before, no biggie

I used to talk with him now and then thru email or messages . he was an ok guy. he got crap on here a lot.

if I recall he got a dwi or something or other and quit drinking for a while and maybe got back on the wagon or something. he used to say he was drunk posting or something. I think he used to use it as an excuse for posting wild and incoherent stuff.
i have drunk posted before, no biggie

Yeah I remember him getting crap about it but don’t think I saw him in the middle of a manic episode. Hopefully his death wasn’t related to alcoholism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT